Author Topic: sdlmame romname instead of game name  (Read 1213 times)

nerdnils

• View Profile
Re: sdlmame romname instead of game name
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
The security is not in where the files are(in this case if you got a webserver or similar running on the machine you can't say this to every location). This is more about permissions and who you want the files to see/execute/write.

I did not compile mame myself. I am using the package from archlinux. Very close. Newest version 1or 2 days after release.

My PC does not know "mame" so I inserted "sdlmame" without the path. Sad to say that nothing changed after rebuilding the list.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:40:52 PM by nerdnils »

nerdnils

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 04:22:03 AM »
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:17:17 AM by nerdnils »

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »
Ok..wow did I learn a TON today!  I installed arch in a vb and got everything compiled! RAY-- UPDATE THE WIKI for compiling attract on arch!  ;)

ok..well it seems that I WAS confused. So I have to ask you: Did you make a "standard user"? As far as I can tell you cannot make a list as root at all..I have tried. You need to have a normal user and a home folder. Logging in as "root" and trying to make a list gives me rom names every time. A "normal user" works as it should every time. Granted you are not connected to the "big bad internet" after installing everything. Using root as a user is very bad practice even if you are not connected.

So again make a standard user..just give that user the ability to sudo. Then try to make a list and report :)
People want life easy..then complain about it