Author Topic: sdlmame romname instead of game name  (Read 8750 times)

nerdnils

• View Profile
Re: sdlmame romname instead of game name
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
The security is not in where the files are(in this case if you got a webserver or similar running on the machine you can't say this to every location). This is more about permissions and who you want the files to see/execute/write.

I did not compile mame myself. I am using the package from archlinux. Very close. Newest version 1or 2 days after release.

My PC does not know "mame" so I inserted "sdlmame" without the path. Sad to say that nothing changed after rebuilding the list.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:40:52 PM by nerdnils »

nerdnils

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 04:22:03 AM »
Update:

Found out in every other list I am having(I create most of them using matches to filter the games I want) the name get's in. But when I update my sdlmame the name get's reduced to the short name. Is it possible for them to stay? no news on why every game is twice in the main list, though[BUT I have .zip and .7z... let me try to have only one perhaps that is my mistakeā€¦ let me try something and put a shame on me).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:17:17 AM by nerdnils »

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »
Ok..wow did I learn a TON today!  I installed arch in a vb and got everything compiled! RAY-- UPDATE THE WIKI for compiling attract on arch!  ;)

ok..well it seems that I WAS confused. So I have to ask you: Did you make a "standard user"? As far as I can tell you cannot make a list as root at all..I have tried. You need to have a normal user and a home folder. Logging in as "root" and trying to make a list gives me rom names every time. A "normal user" works as it should every time. Granted you are not connected to the "big bad internet" after installing everything. Using root as a user is very bad practice even if you are not connected.

So again make a standard user..just give that user the ability to sudo. Then try to make a list and report :)
People want life easy..then complain about it