Author Topic: Attract mode only loading default view with new tv  (Read 2905 times)

rockyseen

• View Profile
Attract mode only loading default view with new tv
« on: June 08, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »
Hey having a bit off a odd issue just bought a Sony kdl32rd433bu TV that I'm using with my xbox and retropie machine, when I plug the pie in and boot it up attract mode boots up in its default view with the big white text instead of the nevato theme.

Been using this for a few months now never had this issue on multiple displays I unplugged the pie connected up to one of my other tvs and it works as normal back to the new Tv same issue tried to change the theme and nothing happens went to boot into emulation station and I noticed an error PSA anyone know how to fix this thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Attract mode only loading default view with new tv
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:28:11 PM »
@rockyseen
you have to set attract to autostart:
Code: [Select]
sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/autostart.sh

set # to beginning of the entries (so they get to comment) and enter the command attract (similar this):
Code: [Select]
# emulationstation #auto
attract

-press CTRL+X (to save)
-Y (yes to save settings)
-enter (to confirm file name)
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

rockyseen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 12:13:16 AM »
It's already set to auto start, as if I plug the Pi into any other display I have it boots straight up into attract mode as normal it's just when I try it on this new tv, it still does auto start In attract mode but just with a giant list of games in white text instead of my selected theme , all the games still play fine.

rockyseen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:41:05 AM »
Noticed that image isn't displaying propley on my phone so here's a link for it http://i.imgur.com/06S6ytj.jpg