Author Topic: Rom info in gamelist  (Read 4350 times)

cathaldub

• View Profile
Rom info in gamelist
« on: September 01, 2017, 02:55:35 AM »
Is it possible to get the rom info to display in the gamelist like in Hyperspin?
example below where it says (set 3, world) or even the filename so you know what revision rom you are loading?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:25:49 AM by cathaldub »

croww84

• View Profile
Re: Rom info in gamelist
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 10:20:33 AM »
Not sure if I should start a new topic, or reply to this one :-/

Anyway, I'm curious about this as well. If we use the HyperSpin system XML with "import_extras", it correctly imports the info from the XML file into the the "romlists" TXT file when the rom list is generated. However, I see no way to get it to actually display in AM with HyperSpin themes. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 02:06:41 PM »
Isn’t that magic Info.Title? I have my themes have an optional parameter to filter out those extra brackets and such since I run no clones anyways.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 04:25:38 PM »
HyperSpin themes are interpreted using the hyperspin.nut loader. You would need to modify it to get that information.

croww84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 05:57:00 AM »
HyperSpin themes are interpreted using the hyperspin.nut loader. You would need to modify it to get that information.

Thanks Progets.

So to be clear, you are saying that Rom info is currently not supported in AM using HyperSpin Themes without modifying the hyperspin.nut loader?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 01:22:42 PM »

Thanks Progets.

So to be clear, you are saying that Rom info is currently not supported in AM using HyperSpin Themes without modifying the hyperspin.nut loader?

I think there is an attractmode theme that assembles “hyperspin themes”. Your roms should be generated as normal and mame roms would include Title info. This is just my guess as i never even looked into this feature.

Look at this file. Fork and submit s pull request if it’s a good fix.

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/master/config/loader/hyperspin.nut

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 08:46:41 PM »

Thanks Progets.

Lines 34-37 of the hyperspin.nut
Code: [Select]
// KNOWN ISSUES:
//
// - Only proof-of-concept at this point, there are many, many Hyperspin
//   features that are unimplemented and completely missing

HyperSpin themes read the HS .xml databases to get the information. AttractMode layouts use .txt romlists to provide this information. You have converted your HS databases to AM romlists so you have the information but nowhere has anyone told the HS theme or the hyperspin.nut loader that reads it to look for this information in a different location.