Author Topic: New theme inspired by space invaders using liquid8's new module. Pretty cool!  (Read 9505 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ok, I started digging into liquids new animate module and with a little creativity this is what I came up with. Animated ships, shelter wheel, and of course, invaders. This really needs to be watched to get an idea of what can be done with the animate module. Let me know what you guys think. Thx...

https://youtu.be/eeDPSlww9pM

akafox

• View Profile
Damn omega..wow i'm blown away. That is awesome! Again flashy but not loud. great work man I love it!
People want life easy..then complain about it

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pretty cool :) Keep me in the loop if you have any trouble animating things the way you want - I want it to be as easy as possible.

I'm not sure how you're doing the player sprite, but I notice there is multiple at the end of the animation. Is that using particle effects? If you did it as an standard X PropertyAnimation you could just move back and forth under the shelters maybe? Maybe move from under one shelter to the other when you switch selections. You should be able to chain multiple X property animations to  have it follow a certain "path".  Or you could have a "shooting" sprite that is created behind the player and has a propertyanimation from player.x - ( player.width / 2 ), player.y + ( player.height / 2) to player.x - ( player.width / 2 ), 0 when you move to a new selection? :)

The particle effects animations are pretty flexible.. play around with the config settings you can do some cool stuff. Gotta give credit to the HyperSpin guys as it is based off the particle effects settings in HyperTheme. There's still some of its properties I don't have working yet, but if you install HyperTheme and click the Particle Effects icon you can use the editor to figure out some settings you like.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:36:39 PM by liquid8d »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks guys...

Yeah, Liquid this is all particle effects thanks to you except for the BG. Funny you should mention moving back and forth between shelters because that is next on the list. The invaders are chained in the sense they start at different y positions but on the same x coord to create different rows etc. But, this still needs to be cleaned up. I like your idea of a shooting sprite, I'll have to take a look at that too.

I am not sure what is going on with the multiple sprites either. For instance, once I make a selection and launch a game then return to AM there is an explosion of particle effects. It's almost like there was a buildup of particles while AM is suspended if that makes sense. Also, if you noticed there is a slight pause in the particle effects between selections as well. This doesn't effect the bg which a looped video however.

akafox

• View Profile
Now look stop all that technical talk. You'll ruin the magic of it! :P
People want life easy..then complain about it

empardopo

• View Profile
Is this theme fihished? I would like to learn how can I add that background!
Thanks

chrisvg

• View Profile
Thanks

I'd recommend you take a look at the Animation layout that is included with AM.  It is a pretty comprehensive tutorial on how to use the animation module.

philby85

• View Profile
Great work as always !

empardopo

• View Profile
Thanks

I'd recommend you take a look at the Animation layout that is included with AM.  It is a pretty comprehensive tutorial on how to use the animation module.

Thanks. I'm studying how it works but it's a bit difficult for me. Sorry.
I've got add to my theme some art moving itself, but I don't know how can I add this stars background.