Author Topic: attract mode lose focus on exit dosbox  (Read 1989 times)

Josef1975

• View Profile
attract mode lose focus on exit dosbox
« on: April 17, 2018, 06:29:51 AM »
I'm using attract mode on my cab, (640x480 15khz crt emudrivers, windows 7 64bit), no problem with groovymame emulator;
now I have created a new display for dosbox games; I have used AHK (autohotkey) to generate various .exe files that launch dosbox and the specific game I want directly.
attract mode use a list of .lnk file that point to .exe files generated by ahk to generate the display list; when I exit the game, I see the windows desktop, not the frontend; but Attrat mode is still present, if I push the up or down key to change game the fronted come back immediately and work perfectly, but i need to do this every time I run a dosbox game. I also run in the same display some windows native games like riden 3 or 4 and when I exit them all is working fine, AM comes back as expected, so is a dosbox (or maybe AHK launcher) issue.
any suggestions?
second question: when AM launch a dosbox game I always see the dosbox startup screen (only for some seconds) before the dos game start, any way to hide it? (the dosbox console is hidden, I'd like to hide the main dosbox startup window)
p.s
sorry for my poor english... ;)

Joseph from italy

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:33:14 AM by Josef1975 »

Josef1975

• View Profile
Re: attract mode lose focus on exit dosbox
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:10:55 AM »
update:
waiting about 7-8 seconds am come back. so there is only a delay, only with dosbox...