Author Topic: Daphne ubuntu 18 help  (Read 1625 times)

lefty420

• View Profile
Daphne ubuntu 18 help
« on: September 05, 2018, 05:13:55 AM »
Hey guys has anyone managed to get daphne running in attract ?
I have daphne installed from https://github.com/DavidGriffith/daphne which allows the games to be played with a script. To run the game you simply load run the script and the game name for example to load dragons lair

cd /home/lefty/daphne/
./run.sh lair

Games load perfect this way everything is handled in the script framefile ect. So I copied the sciprt to my /usr/bin/ so i can just execute run.sh gamename that's all working. So I made a Daphne.cfg

Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.4.1
#
executable           /usr/bin/run.sh
args                 "[name]"
rompath              /home/lefty/.daphne/roms
romext               .zip
system               daphne
artwork    flyer           /media/2tb/roms/daphne/flyer
artwork    marquee         /media/2tb/roms/daphne/marquee
artwork    snap            /media/2tb/roms/daphne/snap
artwork    wheel           /media/2tb/roms/daphne/wheel

My problem is sometimes the games load from attract sometimes they don't. If I run attract in a terminal I get a better chance of the game loading. But most of the time it will just hang and lock the screen at 640 x 480 and ill have to restart the session. This doesn't happen when i run the launch command manually at all. So I'm guessing its something with attract.

I've even tried creating individual .sh with the launch command and set the executable to /bin/bash and have the romfile as the .sh They load from terminal but don't load from attract. I'm stumped I've managed to get wine games to work with no issues but daphne has me stumped.

Any advice would be appreciated.