Author Topic: Artwork Question  (Read 2226 times)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
Artwork Question
« on: May 01, 2018, 07:19:47 AM »
OK,  both videoSNAPs and SNAPshots (still images) go in the "SNAP" folder... but how do I prevent a module,  say,  for instance,  the conveyor_helper module,  from using VIDEO snaps but rather only use STILL image snapshots when selecting "snap" as the artwork type?

OR if anyone can tell me how to configure the conveyor_helper module to display video for the SELECTED GAME ONLY,  that work beautifully as well.

I'm having an issue with speed on the Pi3 with one of my layouts I'm building and it's due to the fact the conveyor has 11 video-snaps all running at the same time. 

Reading through the code it appears the author INTENDED for there to be functionality to allow only the selected game video to run,  but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to set it up.

Thanks!
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: Artwork Question
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 11:28:28 AM »
You can find your answer in manual - https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/v2.3.0/Layouts.md

video_flags - [image & artwork only] Get/set video flags for this object. These flags allow you to override Attract-Mode's default video playback behaviour. Can be set to any combination of none or more of the following (i.e. Vid.NoAudio | Vid.NoLoop):
Vid.Default
Vid.ImagesOnly (disable video playback, display images instead)
Vid.NoAudio (silence the audio track)
Vid.NoAutoStart (don't automatically start video playback)
Vid.NoLoop (don't loop video playback)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: Artwork Question
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:23:48 PM »
I ended up having to modify the conveyor_helper module but I did manage to figure it out.  Thanks!
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)