Author Topic: MAME auto play in cassete games FM7 in attractmode help please...  (Read 610 times)

gamesmame

• View Profile
With this .bat:

mame fmnew7 -skip_gameinfo -autoboot_command "load\n" -autoboot_delay 4 backgamm -uimodekey F2

I open the game XXXX after that I click on F2 and it (MAME) autoloads(PLAY) the cassette(tape) then just hold the insert for a few seconds and it accelerates the tape(PLAY) until the end and after that the game was loaded then I need to type RUN and press ENTER on the keyboard.. only then the game opens and is ready to be played!!!  ;D

Manually after opening the .bat, I need to MANUALLY click on F2 and then click and HOLD the Insert key and after finishing the reading type RUN and press enter MANUALLY...

Question is... how do I automate this in .bat? Because I get it in .bat I will transfer the modifying code to use in attractmode. or can you automate these commands directly in attractmode  :-\?

dmmarti

• View Profile
Re: MAME auto play in cassete games FM7 in attractmode help please...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 03:43:04 PM »
It's been awhile since I did any autoboot stuff for MESS systems (I don't use that functionality in my builds).

But here's a link to a page with many autoboot commands for systems.  Reading it, looks like FM7 doesn't support anything beyond loading the tape with you having to manually PLAY the tape.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/54987-autoboot-command-script-for-mame-swl-computer-systems/

gamesmame

• View Profile
Re: MAME auto play in cassete games FM7 in attractmode help please...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 03:49:58 PM »
Thanks friend, i see this too but i belive, have way to make it... auto play the tape... but i dont know how... maybe @hermine.potter know some thing about this..
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 03:53:05 PM by gamesmame »