Author Topic: HyperPie2 Theme [V2 Released]  (Read 52683 times)

calle81

• View Profile
Re: HyperPie2 Theme [Preview]
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 01:40:31 AM »
I added another "view" to the HP2 theme. Works on 5:4 cabs and 16x9. Full screen video view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfe8eB4NyDY

calle81

• View Profile
Re: HyperPie2 Theme [V2 Released]
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 03:04:26 PM »
Link to latest release and instructions added to the first post!  :)

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »
Added this view to the theme with marque support. (Note the flicker effect behind it ;) )

https://youtu.be/yoich27ng_4

Drop the files in the hp2-systems-menu folder. It contain to new views. One with listbox and one with a vertical wheel as demonstrated in the video. Use the toggle layout button to switch between them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:54:36 PM by calle81 »

mrbison

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 05:12:49 PM »
HP2-Systems-Menu and HP2-Arcade-Menu have some problem with on_tick video_playing ! check please.

*FUNCTION [on_tick()] E:\ATTRACT_MODE_PORTABLE\[-] ATTRACT_MODE [-]\layouts/HP2-Arcade-Menu/layout.nut line [431]

LOCALS
[gtime] 481
[art_flag] true
[last_nav] 0
[video] INSTANCE
[ttime] 481
[this] TABLE
Script Error in tick function: on_tick - the index 'video_playing' does not exist

what i did , solved for me
but idk if is right.

//fe.add_ticks_callback( this, "on_tick" );
//function on_tick( ttime )
//{
//    gtime = ttime;
//    if (art_flag && (ttime - last_nav > 600))  //400ms delay
//    {
//        video.file_name = fe.get_art("snap");
//        art_flag = false;
//        video.video_playing = true
//    }
//    if ( video.video_playing == false && video.preserve_aspect_ratio == false)
//        video.preserve_aspect_ratio = true
//}
//

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 08:32:06 AM »
mrbison, try replacing the layout.nut in both folders with this one. Should fix the error message.  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 10:31:36 AM by calle81 »

mrbison

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 12:31:19 PM »
mrbison, try replacing the layout.nut in both folders with this one. Should fix the error message.  :)

The old one with  // , work better and stretch the video.

The new one "preserve_aspect_ratio" does not work.

https://youtu.be/e5lnUmj4mp4

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you describe in more detail the problem you get and maybe post a screenshot? Everything works as it should for me. Commenting out that section breaks the art load delay feature so makes no sense. Just disable art load delay in the layout options instead and it wont be used.

Edit: Sorry. Didn't see your youtube video at first. I'm not sure whats going on there. Looks as if you have changed the size of the video frame? Are you using "hp2-systems-menu" theme and the layout.nut i posted?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:29:01 PM by calle81 »

Fallinup

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 10:31:19 PM »
When you said drop the game descriptions in your romlist folder, did you mean the folders and all? Also, is this the right romlist folder? I attached a picture so you can see what I've done. Thanks.

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
When you said drop the game descriptions in your romlist folder, did you mean the folders and all? Also, is this the right romlist folder? I attached a picture so you can see what I've done. Thanks.

Yup! Looks correct.Are you having problems getting them to show?

Fallinup

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 08:19:38 PM »

Yup! Looks correct.Are you having problems getting them to show?

Actually they started showing for me. :D At least in the HyperPie2 Theme, not the other themes though. Thank you!

Evil Dead

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »
Hi people i have the same problem as mrbison,aspect ratio on gb,gba,psp,wii and gba dont work ,any solution? thanks
minute 0:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHc0G4Rcvmg

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
Now with "ambiance" as background option thanks to zpaolo11x. Make sure you get version 2.4.1 from the Attract Mode website as well. Delete the old HP2 theme folders before extracting these folders into attract\layouts

This version also allows per display layout options meaning all layout options can be set differently for different displays. Like you probably don't want cart art for arcade based systems and so on.

There's also a background option named per display which will show a background matching the selected system in most cases.

The best way to customize your layouts is to assign a button to "Layout Options" in the AM settings. This is a new feature for AM 2.4 and pressing that button will take you directly to the layout options which now can be set independently of other displays.

Oh, and btw you can select which HP2 layout you want in the layout options now so you can replace the "toggle layout" button with "layout options" instead. The selected view is stored in the attract.am file so make sure to keep a backup of that file when you have setup AM the way you want it.

https://mega.nz/#!nJkVlJSQ!De6mdpEfleNeB7Y-3SouiC7qAAa5fg3gfrRQJTzojws

Ambiance demo: https://youtu.be/1hAlmL49phM

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2018, 03:09:55 PM »
Updated again with drop shadow and glow behind snap options thanks to code from dukpoki's Frostbite theme. https://mega.nz/#!KF0C0SiR!WOmTzlAYqIUrkNtTeU6l8FAJQ1uBnqY7fgQj22klSWI

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2018, 11:18:18 PM »
Calle81, you're always on top of things and add the latest cool features to your HP2 layout. If there were an award for most layout options, HP2 would win it. Sometimes this can be a double edged sword, advance AM users have no problems but newer AM users might be confused or overwhelmed with all the layout.nut files and options. Maybe consider a ReadMe.txt or instructions for less advance and newer users.

P.S. I'm surprised you don't have onscreen controller navigation options... you have everything else. LOL. I'm only kidding but if you do want them, they do exist. (PM me or search older layouts on forum if you have interest)

Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:18:38 AM by progets »

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 02:40:25 AM »
Calle81, you're always on top of things and add the latest cool features to your HP2 layout. If there were an award for most layout options, HP2 would win it. Sometimes this can be a double edged sword, advance AM users have no problems but newer AM users might be confused or overwhelmed with all the layout.nut files and options. Maybe consider a ReadMe.txt or instructions for less advance and newer users.

P.S. I'm surprised you don't have onscreen controller navigation options... you have everything else. LOL. I'm only kidding but if you do want them, they do exist. (PM me or search older layouts on forum if you have interest)

Keep up the great work!

Agreed. I was rather overwhelmed with all of the options on this theme and a bit confused too. However, it's an amazing theme! ;D