Attract-Mode Support > General

Raspberry Pi F.A.Q.

<< < (2/5) > >>

estefan3112:
Hi I am using the experimental package of AttractMode from within RetroPie. No mmal hardware acceleration is available under the Video option. I understand that this seems to be the current overall status? Many thanks for your thoughts, Stefan

progets:

--- Quote from: estefan3112 on March 29, 2017, 11:26:36 AM ---Hi I am using the experimental package of AttractMode from within RetroPie. No mmal hardware acceleration is available under the Video option. I understand that this seems to be the current overall status? Many thanks for your thoughts, Stefan

--- End quote ---

That is correct, if you install Attract-Mode from the RetroPie script it does not install ffmpeg which is needed to use the mmal hardware decoding. If you want hardware decoding you must install ffmpeg before you install Attract-Mode.

You can install ffmpeg and then reinstall/update Attract-Mode from the RetroPie script if you want to add it after the fact.

estefan3112:
Confirmed. Procedure worked out very well. Having mmal hardware decoding enabled now. Many thanks!

janfribogar:
Not working mmal with the retropie 4.2.8.

I just follow the steps and no mmal support in attract mode.

"ffmpeg -decoders | grep h264" returns that mmal is enabed

Somebody can help? Im not really good with Linux.

Thanks in advance.

progets:

--- Quote from: janfribogar on June 16, 2017, 08:42:21 PM ---Not working mmal with the retropie 4.2.8.

I just follow the steps and no mmal support in attract mode.

"ffmpeg -decoders | grep h264" returns that mmal is enabed

Somebody can help? Im not really good with Linux.

Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

Since the change with the ffmpeg options mention above, the "mmal" option doesn't show up on the Pi. Mmal appears to be used anyway (even if it shows "software").

You can manually change the attract.cfg to set mmal if you'd like.

attract.cfg

--- Code: --- video_decoder        mmal

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version