Author Topic: Is there any way to merge two arcade lists? Please help  (Read 8714 times)

Cobra83

• View Profile
Is there any way to merge two arcade lists? Please help
« on: September 05, 2016, 04:32:16 PM »
Hello everyone, I am running Floobs attract mode image and everything seems to look and work beautiful off my pi 3....one question I had was if I am able to merge both my FBA and MAME 2003 lists?

I created a new display and titled it ARCADE...set all the paths etc from what I knew and it seems to be launching MAME 2003 MK for example...but when I try Metal Slug 5 it also tries to use MAME2003 instead of FBA....in the options to choose a different emulator for the game, I can only see MAME2003 and MAME2010....is there any chance I can somehow set it to FBA...this way I can keep all the games in alphabetical order and on 1 list?

Thank you for any help!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:34:31 PM by Cobra83 »

vernontwinkie

• View Profile
Re: Is there any way to merge two arcade lists? Please help
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:53:03 AM »
The easiest way would be to put the roms in your arcade rom folder:

/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/arcade/

You'll have to configure which is the default emulator, then specify individually for the rest, in ES.

Cobra83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 12:00:18 PM »
Thank you for the response!

Looks like I have it all sorted out. I didnt know you had to go to ES etc and set it there! Thank You!!!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:08:26 PM by Cobra83 »

vernontwinkie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »
No problem  :D

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 01:02:40 PM »
I'm not sure how things are set up in Floob's image, but you can definitely generate single romlists containing multiple emulators in attract-mode.

All versions of AM can do this from the command line... see the readme file for more info:

Code: [Select]
In addition to the romlist generation function available in config mode, Attract-Mode can generate a single romlist containing roms for multiple emulators from the command line using the following command:

attract --build-romlist <emulator names...>

With the most recent development version, you can also now generate single romlists containing multiple emulators from the configuration menu:  Config->Emulators->Generate Romlist.  This will bring up a menu allowing you to set which emulators to include....

Previously the UI only supported generating romlists for a single emulator.
I hope this helps.

vernontwinkie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 01:08:34 PM »
I'm not sure how things are set up in Floob's image, but you can definitely generate single romlists containing multiple emulators in attract-mode.

All versions of AM can do this from the command line... see the readme file for more info:

Code: [Select]
In addition to the romlist generation function available in config mode, Attract-Mode can generate a single romlist containing roms for multiple emulators from the command line using the following command:

With the most recent development version, you can also now generate single romlists containing multiple emulators from the configuration menu:  Config->Emulators->Generate Romlist.  This will bring up a menu allowing you to set which emulators to include....

Previously the UI only supported generating romlists for a single emulator.
I hope this helps.

so this part:

do the emulators need to be separated by semicolons?  like this:

attract --build-romlist mame2003;nestopia

Cobra83

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »
Hey everyone thanks for the tips and trying to help me. I got everything in one list on EmulationStation....when I set up each emulator for the games they play fine and choose the emulator I set it to.....but when I launch back into Attract Mode that is not working for me. I see them all on one list in Attract Mode but they all seem to be choosing Mame-2003

Any idea why? Thank you for any help!

Floob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 04:14:17 AM »
@Cobra 83 - Post your AM emulator config on pastebin for the system you have an issue with.
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

Cobra83

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 11:03:52 PM »
Hello Floob!!!!

I just want to first say thank you for the image you created and shared!

I am using the latest version with the Arcade Color Theme, went through and provided all my own flyers hand picked etc and I love it!

Here is the thing.....I was told how to merge the FBA  and Mame-libretro into one list on ES and that works and allows me to play them all fine using the emulator I chose. There is no issue there anymore.

In Attract Mode though...what I am doing is using the arcade display and setting it up to point to where the games are etc...put 2 different games into the arcade folder to test it out....1 mame-libretro (2003) and the other is a FBA game. The problem is though that I realized it looks like the command line is set to run it from mame because no matter what it always picks mame-2003...then if you go to switch the emulator it only presents you with the other option ----> mame2010.....it doesnt show me a list of all the emus including fba like EmulationStation does.

Thank you for any help with sorting it out. I am just looking to have both FBA and Mame 2003 on one list in Attract Mode as opposed to having to switch left or right to access a second arcade list. I was under the assumption that if I set them all how they are supposed to be in EmulationStation that it would carry over to Attract Mode but that doesnt seem to be the case for me since it keeps always wanting to pick Mame2003 on the FBA games.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:08:09 PM by Cobra83 »

Floob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 04:42:39 AM »
@Cobra 83 - Post your AM emulator config on pastebin for the system you have an issue with. I'll check it out.
You need to create a new one for "Arcade" if you want to support multiple emulators like ES. Like this
http://pastebin.com/62cYKhFP
Or you could use AM way of running different roms with different emulators.
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

Cobra83

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »
Floob not near my Pi at the moment but when I am I will certainly take a look and paste the cfg if need be. Thank you again!!!!

Also, I took a look real quick at yours and noticed the command for running it at 0_Sys 0 etc was wrong on mine and still labeled MAME2003's command hence most likely why it is resorting to that only....again thank you and I will certainly get a chance to look at it when I am home tonight/tomorrow morning and post back.

Cobra83

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 01:03:39 PM »
Floob I was away for a bit and finally got back to fixing up my Pi.....thank you for the response and looking at your example cleared it up for me!

My paths were configured wrong and still pointing to a single emulator.

My arcade games are now on 1 list and I am also able to choose from all the emulators for each rom, even while in AM and not even having to go back to ES to configure them....thank you!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:33:11 PM by Cobra83 »