Author Topic: looking for a good quality image of black plastic monitor bezel - please help  (Read 4666 times)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
I'm looking for a good quality image of black plastic bezel around monitor for my new theme.
Something like the attached image - but I need 2D front view

• the bigger resolution - the better
  • looking for that orange peel texture
  • black
  • inner window cut-out can be rectangular with rounded corners (preferably, but kinescope shaped curves are also ok)
  • can be a part of bigger image - I can cut that out cleanly

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
have you seen the one as an option, in the arcadeSD theme?  i think it is pretty nice..

if you dont have it buy the time i get home from work..ill post it up for ya....

ohh by the way, any chance of a preview....of your new theme :)

seen here.. http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1722.0
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:28:23 PM by jedione »
help a friend....

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Thanks,
I've downloaded it - but it's cut too much from the bottom and the top and also the texture look fake - like painted.

I have one that is perfect - http://onyxarcade.com/bezel.html
Maybe without the texture - but I can add it.
But it's too low resolution for my purpose.

---

I don't have anything yet, but I'm thinking about something hyper-realistic 4k like real-life machine bezel, with the theme look continued into mame bezels.
But I didn't started yet - and I have to test if the bezel will be constantly visible when transitioning from AM to mame. If it flashes or goes totally black when switching it will ruin the whole idea of immersion. Or maybe I can put something in between like rocket launcher overlay but I haven't tried it yet (Plus I'd have to switch to windows :o) .

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
What do you think of this? I modeled it with CAD so I can change it and render it in different ways, it looks quite good but has no transparency at the moment. You think this looks realistic enough?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The onyx arcade one looks close to the heal thing. I could take a picture of my happ 25” bezel, but I hacked it a bit to fit in my Neo Geo cabinet. Maybe some one with nos can place it on a white posterboard with decent lighting and snap a high res pic. If I take one, you’ll get the curves. But are close to onyx arcade one. It contours in 4 directions. But from a center perspective, it will have a curved illusion.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
@zpaolo11x

It would be perfect - I just need that first chamfer to be deeper. Don't need that inner black border. But the chamfer should be the same width as the inner black border.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
@zpaolo11x

It would be perfect - I just need that first chamfer to be deeper. Don't need that inner black border. But the chamfer should be the same width as the inner black border.

I can do all the tweakings you need, but if you can draw some indications on the image so I know what do you mean by first chamfer and black border it would be much faster. Also you can PM me if we don't want to clutter the thread :)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
thanks - I'll finish the mockup and get back to you with the exact parameters.