Author Topic: Adding effects on signal & printing the total number of items in a romlist  (Read 1630 times)

rand0m

• View Profile
Hi, I am tinkering with a layout and reached a dead-end. Some help from experienced members will be much appreciated in following.

1- Creating effects on signal: Is there anyway to execute certain effects/ images when a specific key is pressed? I have found excellent options in this thread >  http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=456.0  but the examples given require the use of plugin "Pop up" which has some additional problems. For one, we have to create a different instance (plugin) for every image/ effect on different key press. Secondly and more importantly activating the plugin means that those effects (AM based) will be showing in all layouts/ themes throughout Attract-Mode, there is no way to isolate the effects to certain layout. I would much rather that image on key-press is present within the layout (not ported to plugin) and a way to bind multiple actions with multiple key-presses.

2- Lets say I have a list consoles which list all consoles I've configured, is there anyway to tell the total number of roms within a Single console when I select it on consoles menu? i.e. from outside without entering the actual console in question. Lets say the consoles menu has an item Sega Genesis, is it possible to show the total number of items in Sega Genesis when I select that in consoles menu? Wiki lists two items of interest fe.list.size and fe.filter.size but I dont know how to create the instructions for "[selected item] find [list.size] [print] on screen".

3- Like text is there anyway to force a centered position for images? Right now the default position for any images seems to be topleft (because it seems the flow to the right), anyway to position them to a central location, say (700, 500, 0, 0) where (700, 500) is the point right in middle and image occupies area around it (for lack of a better example, like a dot in middle of circle).

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:38:39 PM by rand0m »