Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Zero, 1, 2, 3 AttractMode + Retroarch images (based on buildroot)  (Read 75546 times)

ccarlson

• View Profile
I'm having the same issue, and I believe they're in the right place: MAME roms in the /arcade folder (that is, a folder named 'arcade' in the root folder of the drive). I've also noticed that the configuration isn't being saved to the drive.

Has anybody successfully formatted a VFAT flash drive on Ubuntu or macOS X and subsequently used it with this image?

ptiwee

• View Profile
I'm having the same issue, and I believe they're in the right place: MAME roms in the /arcade folder (that is, a folder named 'arcade' in the root folder of the drive). I've also noticed that the configuration isn't being saved to the drive.

That's indeed the right place.

Has anybody successfully formatted a VFAT flash drive on Ubuntu or macOS X and subsequently used it with this image?

I'm using mkfs.vfat. Do you have any other USB devices plug to the raspberry pi ?

Thanks for your help !

ccarlson

• View Profile
It's working now. I changed a few things in my approach, so I'm not sure what did the trick:

• Used an 8GB flash drive instead of a 16GB
  • Wiped out all existing partitions and set it up as a one-DOS-partition drive

It looks and runs great!

Now, I do have another question: Is it possible to install shaders?

ccarlson

• View Profile
Nevermind.

They may already be in the image, but I cloned the repo at https://github.com/RetroPie/common-shaders onto the USB flash drive and used shaders from there.

Yay! My vertical barter bartop is almost ready for an enclosure!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:38:11 AM by ccarlson »

ptiwee

• View Profile
It's working now. I changed a few things in my approach, so I'm not sure what did the trick:

• Used an 8GB flash drive instead of a 16GB
  • Wiped out all existing partitions and set it up as a one-DOS-partition drive

For sure it's the partitions, I assume there is only one partition and one USB drive plugged.

Nice for the shaders, it is not something I use so it is not on the priority list, glad you found a workaround.

jonny555

• View Profile
Hi there i can't seam to get this working

1. How to format to vfat nothing in windows 10 for vfat
2.writed the image windisk32
3.formated usb to fat
4.made folders nes\NES roms and put in a .nes file
5.booted the zero w pi and it justs sits on a rainbow type image nothing else happens

Any help would be appreciated if im doing something wrong
Ps this looks amazing great work
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:37:37 PM by jonny555 »

jonny555

• View Profile
Hi again please can anyone help would really look to get this amazing skin working

jonny555

• View Profile
Is this thread dead just wondering; )

hermine.potter

• View Profile
@jonny555
-which Pi do you have (1, 2, 3, A, B, Zero)?

-download latest archive from here (v5)
-extract archive
-Write .img with Win32DiskImager to your sd card
-put sd card to your rpi
-turn on rpi
thats it

to get ip from raspberry, goto bash and use this command:
ifconfig
inet addr: is your ip in your network

to control your rpi from windows pc, use putty:
connect to ip of rpi via ssh
login as : pi
password : raspberry

to put roms to your rpi, use winscp:
connect to ip of rpi

goto /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes
put your roms here
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

nichini

• View Profile
Just registered to say thanks to ptiwee for this image, it's exactly the sort of minimalist setup I've been wanting for my arcade cabinet.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I've encountered an isssue that I'm not sure how to resolve. I've got it all set up and configured as per the instructions and everything is running perfectly on the Raspberry Pi 3 - except I'm having a little trouble getting CPS3 games to run properly. My ROMs are correct to FB Alpha v0.2.97.38 included in the package and CPS3 games boot up, run the intros and title screens okay, but during game play there's a noticeable frame rate drop to ~50 fps, as well as some slowdown and choppiness on the audio, rendering games like Street Fighter 3rd Strike functionally unplayable.

I've turned the rewind setting off in the Retroarch menu, and I'm using a quality 5v/2.5a PSU, but the problem still persists.

Is there a separate settings menu or config file specifically for libretro-fba that I should be looking at? This thread (https://forum.recalbox.com/topic/5309/street-fighter-third-strike-fight-to-the-future/12) over at the Recalbox forum seems to describe a similar problem, however I can't find any way to change rewind settings specifically for the FBA core.

Is anyone else emulating CPS3 correctly off this image?  Any tricks to improving performance on CPS3 ROMs? Or is there something else I'm missing entirely?

Thanks again to everyone working on all this, y'all are amazing.

Mixtape

• View Profile
Is it possible to add your own HDMI modes? I want to run a VGA adapter and a 5:4 19" 1280x1024 monitor.
Also, did you ever add mame2003? It would be great to use this image for arcade games.

Thanks
-MT

pattheaux

• View Profile
Dumb question: how do I get to a bash shell so I can configure Linux (wifi, sound, etc..)?

hermine.potter

• View Profile
@pattheaux
hit ESC key > Exit : yes > you're on bash
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

calle81

• View Profile
Hi,

Is the theme used in the pictures downloadable from somewhere? Otherwise I'd appreciate if someone could zip it up. Looks great :)

jonny555

• View Profile
@jonny555
-which Pi do you have (1, 2, 3, A, B, Zero)?

-download latest archive from here (v5)
-extract archive
-Write .img with Win32DiskImager to your sd card
-put sd card to your rpi
-turn on rpi
thats it

to get ip from raspberry, goto bash and use this command:
ifconfig
inet addr: is your ip in your network

to control your rpi from windows pc, use putty:
connect to ip of rpi via ssh

to put roms to your rpi, use winscp:
connect to ip of rpi

goto /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes
put your roms here

Hi thanks for reply pi is zero but the build seams different as require USB stick and sd not like the normal pi images