Author Topic: Version 1.5  (Read 27421 times)

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Version 1.5
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:58:34 PM »
After four months of bug fixes and new features, it's time for a new release! Here is what is new with version 1.5:

• Added ability to display MaLa layouts (vertical and horizontal). beta
  • Various filter improvements (global filters, filter based on file availability, filter mechanical and CHD games)
  • Added ability to display artwork and game information from multiple filters at the same time. Added a filter-grid layout with filters organized into separate grid columns.
  • Added Ctrl-V clipboard pasting to config mode (Windows and OS X only).
  • Added ability to configure an exit hotkey that forces an emulator to exit.
  • Added liquid8d's ExtendedObject, Animate and SpriteSheet modules.
  • Improved importing of Steam information.
  • Fixed artifacts when scaling videos at low resolution.
  • Added ability to specify filter rules when generating/importing rom lists from the command line.
  • Various improvements to the included screensaver and layouts, including configurable controls for Blinky in the Attrac-Man minigame.
  • Scripting improvement: added "EndNavigation" transitions.
  • Many, many other bug fixes and improvements.

Enjoy!!!!

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.5
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »
Fantastic job as always...

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:31:49 PM »
thumbs up to mala layouts.
Even if it is beta.

cools

• Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 09:42:56 AM »
Really cool, I can see I need to dig into the documentation for some of the new stuff.

About filter-grid, it's marvellous and exactly the concept I had in mind, but there are two tweaks to polish it up. One, tiles disappear from the screen when using next/previous  filter, rather than scroll off and get destroyed. Two, if video snaps are used then next/previous filter causes them all to restart which is pretty jarring.

The 2x2 movie screensaver is absolutely flawless now, nice work! (Yes, I should play games...)

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 01:25:49 PM »
Awesome job! Checking it out now :) Thanks for including my modules. I WILL eventually have an update to them.. primarily focusing on fixing animation first. It might work a bit differently when I am done, just a heads up for anyone that plays with them.

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
just an FYI, I could not compile this with SFML 2.2.
2.1 & 2.0 however still compile fine.
They must of changed something because the compiler was throwing up errors about unrecognized calls to the window library.
(if that means anything to anyone) :P

WP34

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks for the update.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 11:11:01 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, and cools I will look into making those changes, I think they should be pretty straight forward.

Awesome job! Checking it out now :) Thanks for including my modules. I WILL eventually have an update to them.. primarily focusing on fixing animation first. It might work a bit differently when I am done, just a heads up for anyone that plays with them.

Sounds good.  Feel free to send a pull request to update them in the attract mode master branch when you get them to a state you are happy with.  I made a couple of changes to your code to fix a problem I was having with the particles as well as to add the new EndNavigation transitions.  There also seems to be an issue with getting it to work in the on OS X appbundle that I'm looking at.  Once I figure that out I'll send over my changes so you can at least see what I did.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 11:12:01 PM »
just an FYI, I could not compile this with SFML 2.2.
2.1 & 2.0 however still compile fine.
They must of changed something because the compiler was throwing up errors about unrecognized calls to the window library.
(if that means anything to anyone) :P
Ok good to know, I'll check out 2.2 and see what is going on...

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »
Hey awesome! Attract Mode made the front page on MAME World! http://www.mameworld.info Great work guys! Congratulations!  ;D Now we just need a permanent link with the other front ends listed there! (and have them get rid of the ones the are not developed any more!)
People want life easy..then complain about it

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »
Really cool, I can see I need to dig into the documentation for some of the new stuff.

About filter-grid, it's marvellous and exactly the concept I had in mind, but there are two tweaks to polish it up. One, tiles disappear from the screen when using next/previous  filter, rather than scroll off and get destroyed. Two, if video snaps are used then next/previous filter causes them all to restart which is pretty jarring.

The 2x2 movie screensaver is absolutely flawless now, nice work! (Yes, I should play games...)

Ahh crap, so it turns out the filter-grid did get messed up with a regression ... the jarring video resets weren't meant to happen, honest =)

cools

• Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 01:25:53 AM »
Heh. 1.5.1 solves the configuration issue anyway, far more important!

Been messing with filter-grid and the conveyor module, dropping transition time down to 50 from 220 which feels far nicer to use. Causes a glitch though, when switching between filters the filter name doesn't scroll with the list properly, and ends up not being centre aligned.

Is the regression in the layout or the exe?

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 10:13:49 PM »
the regression was in the exe.  it should be fixed now in the master branch on github if you want to try it out on your linux setup.

I have a hunch on whats wrong with the filter labels when tou reduce the transition time ... at the very bottom of the nut file lines 314 and 319 where the
Code: [Select]
filters[i].x = .... and .y get set, these lines should get updated so the label position gets updated too
Code: [Select]
filters[i].x = f_labels[i].x = ... just like what happens above line 296ish

... my attempt at debugging on a smartphone w/ github
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:20:41 PM by raygun »

cools

• Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 07:25:47 AM »
(I don't use Linux for anything except experimenting, GroovyMAME has bad input delay. I should set up a Windows compile environment.)

Will give those lines a shot when I get a chance,  thanks.

cools

• Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 07:02:09 AM »
(And I'm now on a full Linux desktop, with only Windows on the cabinet due to the input lag issue with SDL...)

Spotted something irritating with the global filter. It applies to favourites. A good chunk of my favourites are clones. So they get filtered out by the global cloneof filter.

I've shifted cloneof back into my category filters rather than global, wondering if anyone has any better ideas? Almost want favourites to be a special case that bypasses all other filters.