Author Topic: Runcommand box not showing in AM but shows in ES?  (Read 16774 times)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Runcommand box not showing in AM but shows in ES?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »
Please post the following two files:
/opt/retropie/configs/arcade/emulators.cfg
/opt/retropie/configs/mame-libretro/emulators.cfg

These are the files the runcommand uses.

xbouncer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 03:47:22 AM »
Hi progets,
Will do when I get home tonight.

xbouncer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
Ok progets, here is the contents of /opt/retropie/configs/arcade/emulators.cfg:

Code: [Select]
mame4all = "/opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/mame %BASENAME%"
pifba = "/opt/retropie/emulators/pifba/fba2x %ROM%"
lr-fba-next = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-fba-next/fbalpha_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/arcade/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"
lr-imame4all = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-imame4all/mame2000_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/arcade/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"
lr-mame2003 = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mame2003/mame2003_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/arcade/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"
default = "pifba"

And here is the contents of /opt/retropie/configs/mame-libretro/emulators.cfg:

Code: [Select]
lr-mame2003 = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mame2003/mame2003_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/mame-libretro/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"
default = "lr-mame2003"

Floob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »
Change
default = "pifba"
to read
default = "lr-mame2003"

You should do that via runcommand really though.
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

xbouncer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 03:49:48 PM »
I did see that and tried changing it in the cfg.  Didn't make a difference. When you say I should really do it via the runcommand, do you mean when a rom starts? Because in ES, when a rom starts and I get the launchbox, lr-mame2003 is definitely the default.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »
By default AM uses "Fill Screen". This doesn't work with the runcommand. If you want to use the runcommand change Configure-->General-->Window Mode to "Full Screen" This should allow you to see the runcommand in AM. It will also let you see some of the command line text when launching game which you might not want. I'll also point out that advmame, daphne and some other emulators will only work on the Pi if you have this set to "Full Screen".

Give it a try and I think it will fix your issue.

xbouncer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 05:13:15 PM »
That did the trick progets. Thanks guys for sticking it out with this thread and helping me with this, much appreciated.

slowsl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2016, 08:05:15 AM »
Does it have the same issue if you use my image?

Floob,
I am running your 0.5 version, and I'm having this issue.  I just noticed last night while finishing setting up my displays, and opening a game.  I looked around for a runcommand toggle in AM settings, but didn't find anything.  I see now that it's a bit more involved.  Anything I can try or provide to help figure this out??
-Mike

Using a Rpi 3

SuperDodge

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »
I'm going to resurrect an old thread because I have the same issue outlined above.

I never see the grey box; HOWEVER, if I hit a key anyway right after launching a game the game never launches and I just see the AM display.  The other user said this was a lock-up that required a hard-reset of AM.  It's not!  I know this because if I hit "q" in this state, I am returned to the AM display and everything is live again.

What's happening is the AM display is staying on the screen until the rom itself appears.  The runcommand "box" is looking for input to launch the menu and if I know the keys to hit I am actually navigating the menu (hence why "q" returns me to AM).  I just can't see the runcommand menu.

I never observed this behavior when using Floob's image - just on a clean install I just startred today where I installed AM from the experimental package list on the RetroPie startup.

To be clear - I observe this behavior with both "Fill Screen" and "Full Screen" mode selected.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:57:36 PM by SuperDodge »

garion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 04:14:18 AM »
I'm going to resurrect an old thread because I have the same issue outlined above.

I never see the grey box; HOWEVER, if I hit a key anyway right after launching a game the game never launches and I just see the AM display.  The other user said this was a lock-up that required a hard-reset of AM.  It's not!  I know this because if I hit "q" in this state, I am returned to the AM display and everything is live again.

What's happening is the AM display is staying on the screen until the rom itself appears.  The runcommand "box" is looking for input to launch the menu and if I know the keys to hit I am actually navigating the menu (hence why "q" returns me to AM).  I just can't see the runcommand menu.

I never observed this behavior when using Floob's image - just on a clean install I just startred today where I installed AM from the experimental package list on the RetroPie startup.

To be clear - I observe this behavior with both "Fill Screen" and "Full Screen" mode selected.

same thing here.

Retropie updated yesterday
AM updated yesterday (via console - not experimental package installed)

Runcommand menu works fine in ES but not shown in AM.

New launching images (now loading) works fine in ES but not shown in AM.

it doesn't´t matter if used art or not; always works in ES.

I try with fill and full screen but same issue.

regards

tonberryhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 05:06:46 AM »
same thing here.

Retropie updated yesterday
AM updated yesterday (via console - not experimental package installed)

Runcommand menu works fine in ES but not shown in AM.

New launching images (now loading) works fine in ES but not shown in AM.

it doesn't´t matter if used art or not; always works in ES.

I try with fill and full screen but same issue.

regards

Yeah I updated Rertopie last night and now when loading anything in Attract Mode I get a weird freeze until the rom or application starts running with a permanent freeze if I try to load the launch menu.  Also when exiting a rom the screen flashes to the command line before loading back into Attract Mode.  Also when trying to enter RertroPie Setup from Attract Mode everything locks up.  Its sad to me cause I had my build running flawlessly til I updated RetroPie.   

Note : Fullscreen in Attract Mode does not fix the issue.  Also note that when I ctrl+alt+delete the frozen Attract Mode screen disappears for a few seconds revealing what was in fact running in the background.  So this seems to be an error on Attract Modes end and not Retropie.  Emulation Station works flawlessly.   
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:11:16 AM by tonberryhunter »

garion

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 06:23:23 AM »

Fix it¡¡¡  :D

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?action=post;topic=1178.0;last_msg=8795

run command menu is back again in AM.

Launching images working fine too.

janfribogar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »
sfml-pi and AM installed and updated in a Retropie 4.2 and still the same issue. Anybody knows a answer for that?

Thanks!

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 11:29:55 PM »
The answer is in this thread several posts up on this page http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1059.msg7909#msg7909.