Author Topic: Custom Metadata Fields?  (Read 3495 times)

8bitsdeep

• View Profile
Custom Metadata Fields?
« on: January 31, 2017, 05:28:31 AM »
Loving AM so far. I have my layout mostly sorted out and really glad I came over from Emulation Station.

Only remaining problem: the game metadata fields seem very much geared to arcade games, while I'm mostly interested in consoles.

Is there anyway to customize my metadata fields or am I just gonna have to pretend Manufacturer = Developer, etc etc?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Metadata Fields?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:19:34 AM »
As far as I know, the metadata fields are coded into Attract-Mode. I don't think you can change them without modifying the source code. When you look at the romlist files the first line shows the header fields but these are just there for reference, I'm pretty sure the code just ignores the first line of the romlist files.

I don't really see this as a big issue but pretend if you must. lol

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:25:35 PM »
I think they apply to both of them arcade or console...

I do wish there was a way to bring up a controls layout like CPwizard does. Or the manual
People want life easy..then complain about it

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 08:56:14 PM »
I do wish there was a way to bring up a controls layout like CPwizard does. Or the manual

I haven't tried yet but I think you can use the RetroPie runcommand to load an image before launching the game or after the game is played. You should be able to build the CPwizard files and use the images to load before a game. They added this runcommand feature a few months back, you can also run scripts before or after a game.