Author Topic: Multilayered themes?  (Read 1931 times)

Hojo

• View Profile
Multilayered themes?
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:11:06 AM »
Pretty much I'm trying to develop a theme for the psx and other systems with multiCD games. The idea is that the first layout would consist of a grid displaying all the games. Once selecting a game, the second layout will load which will show the CD artwork, movie, #of players, etc. For most cases, only 1 cd will be present but for multidisc games (fear effect or final fantasy VII), all discs will be individually selectable.

The questions I have are as follows
Does attractmode allow for multilayered layouts? Similar to RetroFE?

I know that mednafen allows for using m3u files to load multidisc games. This also works in limiting the number of discs present in the first layout. I however don't know if this will affect the second layout. One potential fix would be to just display the disc images and have them all load the same m3u file. But I do not know if mednafen remembers the last disc you loaded or if it can be changed to load a different disc at a time.

How does attract-mode add information into its database? I would like to add descriptions of all the games but I do not know the variables that need to populate an xml file. I was hoping to build xml files to hold all the information which can be passed into attractmode once loaded.