Author Topic: Location of user created emulator config files  (Read 5478 times)

Stevep

• View Profile
Location of user created emulator config files
« on: July 05, 2017, 01:40:47 PM »
Where do the config files you create in Attract Mode emulator config screen get stored? I've looked at /home/pi/.attract/emulators. Although there are emu config files in there(probably preinstalled on the image I downloaded) , any new emulator you might add does not appear in
that folder. I've just added the pcengine emu  with success but the config file doesn't get stored in that directory. Akafox has been helping with a related problem regarding the Sega CD emu which doesn't work. Not only that but  every I time I delete it and reinstall it .....it creates another  system wheel art....so far I have 4 SEGA CD entries on the system wheel..could someone tell me where these files are stored. Obviously when I delete the emu ,some part of the config remains...thus the 4 system wheel entries. FYI....the image can be found on ETA PRIME site..."Kevins 64g Attract mode image."...also my roms and art are on a external usb drive.

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Location of user created emulator config files
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:53:43 AM »
user created files are made in the /home/pi/.attract folder..

there are four of the same listing of your sega cd list because you have four file extensions that is found..this happens a lot with cd based games. (ex playstation) you have a cue and five bin files. the cue is to tell how/how to load the bins..the first is the data to load the game..the other is (normally) audio.

so...name the cue file something different build your list and then delete the extra games from the list manually and leave the cue file!.

because this is not an "official" image you won't get to much help i'm sure. but I'll see what i can do to help.
People want life easy..then complain about it

Stevep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »
So...all I have to do is go into the subdirectory of .attract and edit the romlist?

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »
So...all I have to do is go into the subdirectory of .attract and edit the romlist?

To a point yes. (/home/pi/.attract/romlists) but first make a copy/backup your original rom list! You can open it in a plain test editor or to keep it clean..and less mistakes..open it up in a spreadsheet program. (it's basically a spreadsheet cvs file anyway) However make sure you save it as a text csv file with ; (semicolon) as the separator so that attract mode can read it.
People want life easy..then complain about it

Stevep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 08:19:42 AM »
Worked like a charm! Thanks!