Author Topic: Can Attract Mode support a theme with a hierarchical grid (like a smartphone)  (Read 2374 times)

jalobaba

• View Profile
I've been showing my arcade to friends and notice they are very confused by all of the existing layouts. I'm thinking about diving in and creating my own layout because I've looked at the available layouts and haven't found a match.

Here's what I'm envisioning.
  • User sees a 2D grid of icons representing the available emulators (MAME, Gameboy, etc).
  • User clicks on an emulator.
  • User sees a 2D grid of icons representing the available categories for that emulator (e.g. Run&Jump, Fighter, etc.). User also sees something to click on to go back/up to the previous grid of available emulators.
  • User clicks on a category.
  • User sees some existing layout of games (I like the unified layout but it doesn't matter so much for the essence of this post). User also sees something to click on to go back/up to the previous grid of available categories.

Is such a layout possible in Attract-Mode? Is there anything like this already (maybe as a starting point)?

I do see the current work on the Grid Pro Theme which has the 2D grid of emulator icons but it doesn't have the 2D grid of category icons.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:56:43 AM by jalobaba »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
just use grid pro display-menu for all the 3 or 4  layers that u need.
ie:
1.grid-pro as menu with your emulators
2.grid-pro as normal theme for your catagories,
3.grid-pro as your nested sub catagories with the games as seen here with plugin's
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1804.0

alter each theme with the proper icons, and put in some intuitive grafix for your
"back to previous" that you have to have.   should work fine.

sounds like somthing kent would do after hereing about it...hell i m thinking i might have a stab
at it i like the idea, 
help a friend....