Author Topic: AttractMode 1.5.2 debs  (Read 33633 times)

akafox

• View Profile
AttractMode 1.5.2 debs
« on: May 14, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »
Note: version 1.60 debs are here

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=444.0

Note: version 2.00 debs are here

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=752.0

Here they are. AMD 64 and i386 both. Please test and use. Any problems let me know here. :)

EDIT: As of linux ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Thar) all the needed dependencies will come down making for a smooth install.
As for the new ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid) well they "broke" it. For some reason these are NOT in the repos yet. So if you want to use 15.04 here is a list of the dependences you will need...your setup might differ.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libavcodec54
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libavformat54
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libavutil52
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libgcrypt11
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libgnutls26
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/librtmp0
http://packages.ubuntu.com/ca/trusty/libswscale2

First download the arch you want amd64/i386. Then install them.

The easiest way to install these is to download them all first...then put them into a folder by themselves. (ALL OF THEM) then back up one level right click on the folder and select "open this from a terminal" (your distro may very).
once the terminal is up change to a "root" account. Now type:

Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
then you can install attractmode! :)

The other way (harder?) is to use the gui gdebipackage manager or ubuntu sofware center (depending or your distro) if you go through the gui you will get errors..I didn't write the order needed to install them (i am reading this after just installing sorry) but as long as you have the debs i posted..it might error and tell you need a different one installed first..just install the one it is complaining about first. you'll eventually get it installed..after they are all installed attractmode should install without problem.

if you need further assistance pm me and I will try to help you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:25:46 AM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AttractMode 1.5.2 debs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
Thanks for this akafox, I've updated the download section of the website now to include your .debs.

dbals

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »
Anyway to get the Arm version compiled?  followed how to compile the Raspberry pi version on the wiki  but so far have failed.

Thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:15:19 PM by dbals »

liquidus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »
Any plans to release a 1.6 deb? Finally sperating my HTPC from the Arcade and was curious if it's in the works or if I should just build it? Thanks for all the hard work on this great FE!

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 10:21:14 AM »
Yes it is. Sorry it is taking so long. I am having trouble compiling the new version for 64 bit..I have the 32-bit just no deb yet though. I'll get the 32-bit up as soon as I can. As for the 64..unless I can figure out what the (blank) is wrong I don't know how long it will be.

liquidus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »
No need to apologize. I can't imagine the work that gets put into this.

Would you recommend using 1.6 over an older build? before I blew out my previous install, I was using a compiled build of AM v1.4.1 without any issues.

As a side note, am I to assume that I can run the x32 build of AM on a x64 Linux (lubuntu) as long as I've loaded the i386 libraries?

Thanks for all you do, I appreciate the help.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 09:31:49 AM »
The older versions of AM debs work just fine. I understand the want for updates :) I am still working on it...making some progress....it's just a weird thing is all (and frustrating  >:( ).

As a side note, am I to assume that I can run the x32 build of AM on a x64 Linux (lubuntu) as long as I've loaded the i386 libraries?

Umm honestly I wouldn't know. It sounds right but I have used computers too long to know the truth. However I might test that theory as it would be good to know. I run my "cab-machine" on a 32-bit version. Some emulators are not 64-bit so it makes it easier to just run 32-bit OS...and hope they make 64-bit binaries one day....

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 07:46:23 PM »
Update on the new AM 1.60 debs I for some unknown reason can not absolutlly can not get it to run on a 64 arch.

I will at least post the 32-bit debs for those of you that use 32-bit. I am sorry for the delay. The old debs will work still. It's not so much that i can not compile it..thanks to others I was able to get a binary compiled...however the dependencies that it AM wants so that it can run are not in the repositories for some unknown reason. At least that is what I am running into. If any of you are able to get the new AM compiled and or running on alinux ubuntu, lubuntu, xubuntu, or mint 64-bit let me know!

liquidus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »
If any of you are able to get the new AM compiled and or running on alinux ubuntu, lubuntu, xubuntu, or mint 64-bit let me know!

I just finished a successful compile on Xubuntu 14.04.3 x64. I ran into a couple of issues. The first was a lack of the libfreetype6-dev (ft2build.h not found) when running make -j 3 command. The second was a missing libjpeg8-dev (jpeglib.h not found) when running the sudo make install command. I've ran attract from the command line and it comes up and I can navigate it. I've not tested if it will launch or anything other than it will start up, but it shows promise. I didn't get any other errors (that I can see) after installing the libfreetype6-dev and libjpeg8-dev packages.

If the 32 bit deb packages are up I can test it on my arcade box as I have the i386 libraries installed and ready. The Kega Fusion mentioned that it was only 32 bit and needed the i386 libraries to run on a x64 linux os.

Hope that helps out some, thanks for all the help thus far!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:51:25 PM by liquidus »

battlecat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »
I just installed attractmode_1.5.2_amd64.deb on my new Linux Mint 17.2 machine without any issues or manual installs.

linux4eva

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 11:51:12 AM »
I have tried installing the debs on Mint 17.2 x64 and found that that it misses the FadeArt modulefrom /modules folder which prevents the spin themes from
 functioning. After compiling v 1.60 from source the problem is gone.

liquidus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 06:14:29 PM »
I've fully tested the AM1.6 x64 on the arcade build and it's working fine. I couldn't get Retroarch to work but individual emulators seem to be working just fine.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 06:18:50 PM »
What linux distro are you using?

liquidus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 09:29:30 PM »
What linux distro are you using?

The first test compile was using Xubuntu 14.04.3 (main pc), the testing was on my arcade box using Lubuntu 14.04.39 (both are x64). I had the same errors compiling with Lubuntu that I did with Xubuntu. Both were resolved by installing the packages mentioned above. Now I've not played a marathon yet, but I do have the basic setup with emulators running and everything is launching, exiting, and generally working. I hope to get some more time this week to run a few emulators through the paces but everything seems to be working.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 09:31:20 PM by liquidus »

battlecat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 08:35:25 AM »
Any chance that you will be posting an up to date AM DEB to 1.6 version?

Thanks for your work!
--BC
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:59:31 AM by battlecat »