Author Topic: this spinner stuff....  (Read 3325 times)

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
this spinner stuff....
« on: December 12, 2017, 01:11:36 PM »
i gotta sayim SO impressed with this frontend. took me some time to figure it out but i finally got it. i just have a question to ask and its not intended to be mean or ill willed but....

i see alot of hyperspin stuff and i also see alot of talent on here.
so my question....
why are you guys WASTING your time on crap already done. OBVIOUSLY alot of you got some SERIOUS talent!!
so whynot do somthing ORIGINAL ??
look imean no harm and i know im gonna get crap for this but hell man
as an artist myself I just cant understand why you would WASTE your time on SOMEONE ELSES GARBAGE!!
again its just a curiosity question and if thats what you like cool nim just thinking with allthe knowing and talent yall have try somthing other then hyperspin.. imho its overdone by other frontend programs and i think yall could come up with somthing much cooler...
i do love this fe and i love the work i see here and love the talent so please dont anyone get unhinged by this.. im just saying and its only an opinion...

btw...
i couldnt do half the stuff some of you guys do and i think it all looks badass i just think the hyper thing is over done and would really love to see some origanle stuff!!! just saying...
keep up the great work...

cheers!!!
we came , we saw , we lost LOTS of quarters...

Win 7
Asus mobo amd 64bit 3core
12g ram
4 player. Custom built woody cab
46" plasma screen with 22" marquee

akafox

• View Profile
Re: this spinner stuff....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 05:39:34 PM »
Well they can do what they want..and some people may want it to look like hyperspin. Hyperspin is a good frontend..but also very resource heavy and stuck on windows. What about MAC or Linux users? And a lot of us use older machines to make our gaming rigs with..so lighter is better. However that being said..

I agree with you as well. But there are many non hyperspin themes available for attract mode.

And on a side note..if you want to gather more attention post this in the themes section..not the general help section  ;)
People want life easy..then complain about it

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:55:15 AM »
[I've moved the topic to themes]

@toothlessgrinn
I'm also not a fan of hyperspin - and not because of it's complexity, but because of the look. Like you've said - it's overdone (at least for me).
But there are people that really like these aesthetics - and porting HS themes to AM gives them a chance to use it on non-windows systems.

And the main strength of HS themes - it's a huge source of inspiration and ready-to-use artwork (if permitted).
Plus coders are picking up other FE designs to simply improve their skills or test/expand what can be done with AM.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 07:25:30 AM »
"Plus coders are picking up other FE designs to simply improve their skills or test/expand what can be done with AM."

well put,,, :D

also not a fan of the way HS looks  ....dated
help a friend....