Author Topic: Favourite ??How to create?  (Read 1128 times)

Delita Hyral

• View Profile
Favourite ??How to create?
« on: February 08, 2022, 12:20:36 AM »
Hi guys, I would like to know if anyone knows how to create a favorites list in AM? I saw some videos about it, a You tuber added a layout that generated a list after running and having added roms to favorites straight from the AM option! super easy, but there was no module or plugin link, I'll leave the link here and I would like you to analyze it to see how to solve this.
Grateful for the attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TFesmIrz_E

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: Favourite ??How to create?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 12:24:04 AM »
I will add more in a minute

However, always good to give a time line, rather than expecting people to watch a whole video

The favourites start at 2:46 it looks like he is using a custom script

Ok

1) Goto settings TAB
2) Plug Ins ENTER
3) UtilityMenu ENTER Enabled YES

As for the rest of it, I will work it out in a while

https://github.com/mickelson/attract#:~:text=PLUG-INS%3A%20Plug-ins%20are%20squirrel%20scripts%20that%20need%20to,Layouts.md%20for%20a%20description%20of%20Attract-Mode%27s%20Plug-in%20API.

You should be able to generate the favourites using commands here, but I am only on one cup of coffee so far, so my brain is not at full capacity.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 01:04:43 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: Favourite ??How to create?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 12:48:14 AM »
Nope scrap that bit of information, I now have it

First make a favourites display

Name Favourites
Layout YOUR THEME
Collection/Rom List All Games
Show In Cycle Yes
Show in menu Yes (Optional)
Global Filter Empty
Filter All
Rule Target Favourite equals 1

I have Golden Axe now showing as a favourite.

The weird thing is that I now have two favourites, I am trying to add a card game called Deal Em it says that is in the favourites, however that does not show in the list. I have tried adding another game to the favourites, once again this does not show on the favourites which is very weird, it is accepting some games but not others.

I have tried adding a few games now, and pretty much not many are being accepted, even after a shut down of AM, they are still not showing. At first I thought that it was because of Double Dragon (Japan) so it not liking the Japan bit, but I found GAME with no spaces, weird characters etc and even that has not added to the list, if I try adding it again, it will ask if I want to remove it from Favourites, so it is marking it as a favourite, but not displaying.

You really need to generate a favourites list.

I just tried the official build, and favourites add as normal and display as normal on that build, sadly it is not working on the unofficial build that I have.

Also in the video he is using a Pi build Motion Blue, so that might be down to his skinning ability, so it will be possible on PC builds.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 01:50:38 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville