Author Topic: Arcadebliss and newstation custom mix  (Read 90487 times)

blackthief07

• View Profile
Re: Arcadebliss and newstation custom mix
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
Thanks for the PSD files, I've made some changes on the images and to the layout file, in order to resize; i now wanna try to add some scanline effect to the marquee, i let you here a screenshot...thanks for all

t00m

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 09:49:00 AM »
Thanks for the PSD files, I've made some changes on the images and to the layout file, in order to resize; i now wanna try to add some scanline effect to the marquee, i let you here a screenshot...thanks for all

Thanks!.glad you like it.

thanks man, your theme is wonderfull; im using it and made some changes to get it scale to any 16:9 resolutions...thanks for share your creation... I leave you the one i modified, wish it could be usefull...

Awesome work. Now, im doing a new main menu using the new freature. Im trying add a text showing the listsize per each emulator, but I can not figure out how.If anyone knows how to do it, it would be great.

blackthief07

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »
Thanks man, what are you trying to do with the list?, i would like to help u if i can...I let you here the last changes i made to the layout...

[attachment deleted by admin]

t00m

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2016, 05:33:07 AM »
This is what I try to do.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:35:15 AM by t00m »

blackthief07

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2016, 05:48:40 AM »
You need to display a random snap and get the amount of roms per system?...this screen is a replacement for the orange list which appears when you press M?

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 05:57:52 AM »
@blackthief07

That header backgrounds (for blazing star and metal slug) are made by you? Or is this some kind of a downloadable art-pack?

blackthief07

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2016, 06:10:25 AM »
Those are some artworks downloaded from the web.

t00m

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2016, 07:17:13 AM »
You need to display a random snap and get the amount of roms per system?...this screen is a replacement for the orange list which appears when you press M?

Yes and  yes.

blackthief07

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2016, 07:25:51 AM »
Ok, let me see if i can do something...

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2016, 09:59:12 AM »
Looks really awesome! Keep up the great work, if you need any help, let me know :)

ouitard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2016, 01:00:56 PM »
pardon my french so to speak F**K very nice and detailed  , I also like Spinelli theme

how well will it work on raspberry pi 3 and xinmo arcade adapter?

Im attempting to use it on raspberry pi 3.
Stock, it didnt really change games at all.
overclocked it to 1.3ghz and set the gpu ram split to 512. and its semi working..

Not sure if its the image sizes or what. im tinkering around more to see what might be.

blackthief07

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2017, 08:48:46 AM »
The problem is that the layout consumes a lot of ram, testing it on Windows 7, it takes about 230mb of RAM, when other takes only 90mb. I made some changes to the code, shrink some images but it still uses without animations about 98MB, with animations about 130mb, but the main problem is the orbit games, it adds another 100mb it self.

I'll try to make it lighter but i dont if it's possible; i've just re order the code a bit, and split it into some class files to make it easier to read; will notice u if i found something.

blackthief07

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »
A little update; the overall layout consumes around 221mb of RAM and my CPU loads at 25%, I'm on my notebook with an Intel Core I5 3340 2.7Ghz and 8GB of Ram. I made some changes, the Clock tick, mades the CPU load to 25%, i take it off and now is around 4%; the top banner animation also adds around 6mb to ram, every time u add a surface depending on the size it adds on large resolutions about 10mb to ram, here the overlaymenu uses a lot of surfaces so it adds around 25mb... The Orbit animation which the game wheel uses takes about 95mb RAM. If u check the theme Orbit which has a similar wheel loads 98MB when a simpler theme only loads 45mb.

So i add an option to stop the banner animation, and redo some code to remove vars declarations and extra surfaces. Without the game orbit and the overlaymenu, now i've, depending on the banner image size, 51Mb of RAM usage and about 7% of CPU. Will advice u when finish to test it.

See yah.

Squilenator

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »
Thanks man, what are you trying to do with the list?, i would like to help u if i can...I let you here the last changes i made to the layout...

Hey man, do you have the psd of your last version (mylayout_final_resize_final.rar) so i can translate the buttons and menu to brazilian-portuguese?

Squilenator

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2017, 03:04:45 PM »

For some reason i'm having a problem with the mame logo and blue lines overlapping the flyers, i'm on 1920x1080 resolution.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:06:56 PM by Squilenator »