Author Topic: System Menu  (Read 72949 times)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
System Menu
« on: November 27, 2016, 06:04:29 AM »
When looking for artwork for the 'Displays Menu', artwork is loaded from the "menu-art" subdirectory. Artwork matching the Display's name or the Display's romlist name are matched from the corresponding artwork directories located there.

Additionally, when the selection is made attractmode moves to that layout. Attractmode doesn't default to the display menu mode, so I changed it in the general settings.

Feature Request
From the system select menu allow an option to choose a layout or to run a specific program directly (without entering a layout).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:33:23 AM by bionictoothpick »

eatonjb

• View Profile
Re: System Menu
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:20:42 PM »
I am so lost on how to make a systems menu?  any help would be great!

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 05:17:46 AM »

I was pretty confused too at first but I finally figured it out :) Go to the configure screen, select "Displays" followed by "Displays Menu" options, then select "Menu style/layout" and choose the layout you want. The layouts should be in your "layouts" directory, and all of the artwork for the "Displays" menu should be in the "menu-art" folder. Hope this helps  ;D

web

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 10:43:13 AM »

I was pretty confused too at first but I finally figured it out :) Go to the configure screen, select "Displays" followed by "Displays Menu" options, then select "Menu style/layout" and choose the layout you want. The layouts should be in your "layouts" directory, and all of the artwork for the "Displays" menu should be in the "menu-art" folder. Hope this helps  ;D

Nice help a lot.

One more question.How to configure the AM to start in the DISPLAY MENU?

johnprobe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:34:16 PM »
I've setup my display menu as per the Unified Themes instructions. Now everything is fine except no art appears in the displays menu. I've only using FBA and MAME (mame4all).  There's text to indicate those two emulators but no art. Can you advise ?

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 12:53:55 AM »

Nice help a lot.

No problem! And sorry for the late response. The answer to your question is easy breezy! :) Go to configuration ('tab' on the keyboard"), select general and for "Startup Mode", choose "Show Displays Menu" (as seen in the screenshot below). Also, make sure that you're using the latest version of attractmode for this feature

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 12:54:55 AM »
I've setup my display menu as per the Unified Themes instructions. Now everything is fine except no art appears in the displays menu. I've only using FBA and MAME (mame4all).  There's text to indicate those two emulators but no art. Can you advise ?

Be sure that you're using the latest version of attractmode and the artwork for the displays menu goes in the menu-art folder :)

web

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 09:11:35 AM »

Nice help a lot.

No problem! And sorry for the late response. The answer to your question is easy breezy! :) Go to configuration ('tab' on the keyboard"), select general and for "Startup Mode", choose "Show Displays Menu" (as seen in the screenshot below). Also, make sure that you're using the latest version of attractmode for this feature

Thanks Man.

tommiegunz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 12:33:05 PM »
in my config menu i don't have a displays option,why is that and where can i find the displays menu

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »
You probably have an earlier version of attractmode.

tommiegunz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »
what version of attract mode do i need..i got 2.10

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 01:57:28 AM »
what version of attract mode do i need..i got 2.10

You should try downloading the latest version, which is 2.21

johnprobe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply - finally got it sorted... For some reason the Gods decided to punish my and some folders had their permissions changed...wheel being one while marquee was left alone. Reset the permission and working fine now. Thanks for helping out.

joaopassarini

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 05:40:30 AM »
Hi!
How can I add system info/specs (console gen, year, cpu...) in system menu and make them update accordingly as I navigate throughout the systems?

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 01:03:55 AM »
Hi!
How can I add system info/specs (console gen, year, cpu...) in system menu and make them update accordingly as I navigate throughout the systems?

Hi. I need the same info. (i want to add number of game too)
Thanks