Author Topic: command line arguments per game?  (Read 2062 times)

MechaDangerous

• View Profile
command line arguments per game?
« on: January 14, 2020, 04:04:34 PM »
Is there a way to set command line arguments on a per game basis? I just installed a servostik and would like for it to switch between 4-way and 8-way by using the command line JoyTray.exe -servo joy8way before all 8-way games and JoyTray.exe -servo joy4way before all 4-way games. This is done in the front-end according to Ultimarc, but I can't find anywhere to put this in. Can anybody help? I understand I'll have to set this per game, but it's the only real way to automate it.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: command line arguments per game?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 05:53:31 PM »
Is there a way to set command line arguments on a per game basis?
Yes, highlight the game you want to change and press the edit game key/button* and then fill in the custom executable or custom argument you want for this specific game.

* Escape+Down is the default edit game setup but you can change it in Configure-->Controls-->Edit Game

I think a better approach is to use Configure-->Plugins-->UltraStik360. This can be modified to control your servo controls from Ultimarc.

MechaDangerous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 06:03:27 PM »
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much! Now I just need to figure out how to properly put the command in there. Of course when I put in just the joytray command it doesn't do anything and the game doesn't even start. More research is required!

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 09:09:37 PM »