Author Topic: startup options  (Read 3212 times)

slydog43

• View Profile
startup options
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:45:43 AM »
I'm looking for a way to start AM with a certain Display loaded.  Hopefully through a command line argument.  Any ideas on how to load a certain display on startup?  thanks

I got it to work with different configs loaded using -c arguement, but this is not perfect as I don't want multiple copies of AM around, just a different display loaded.

If I get this to work I have an incredible idea and will show a very cool video of my setup
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:06:36 AM by slydog43 »

akafox

• View Profile
Re: startup options
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:25:18 AM »
Well you choose a display and then AM leaves it on that display until you change it...no maatter how many times you reboot or exit AM it should start with the chosen display.

Is this not happening..or are you wanting to AM choose a random display on start up?

Remember most of these setups are never turned off..well except maybe a raspberry pi...so a random display picker wouldn't be too useful...however that being said...

Ask in the scripting fourm maybe a script can be written? But again I have no idea what you really have in mind to do. :)
People want life easy..then complain about it

slydog43

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 10:47:13 AM »
what I have now is a program running in the background waiting for a NFC tag.  When it detects one it reads it and runs a program I wrote that closes an instances of Mame, AM, any win Games I have installed, etc.  It then launches AM with a specific config, which loads certain displays.  This works fine except I have to have different directories setup and stuff.  I thought it would be easier if I could tell AM to load a specific display, but I guess this works.  I will upload a video of this very soon as this is awesome stuff.

unclewilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 09:16:13 AM »
Looking forward to seeing what you're doing here with this