Author Topic: upgrading  (Read 4461 times)

slydog43

• View Profile
upgrading
« on: February 28, 2016, 04:37:35 AM »
When upgrading AM, is there a way to easily copy over new files over existing installation.  I dont want to setup my emulators and settings everytime AM is upgraded.  Thanks for the new version, it seems to run emulators in Windows x64 better than before (ie altirra, etc)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: upgrading
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 05:13:40 AM »
Slydog-

Just copy your emulator folder and attract.cfg to a backup folder, this also protects you from mistakes. Then just copy the emulator configs and attract.cfg back after updating if needed. This will work 100%. You can also just just unzip the latest version of attract into a separate folder then just copy over what is needed which is usually everything excluding the emulator configs and attract.cfg. Either way, you shouldn't have any issues.     

slydog43

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 06:19:20 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, so if I copy over attract.cfg and the new version adds more settings to the cfg it will add them if needed?

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:49:07 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, so if I copy over attract.cfg and the new version adds more settings to the cfg it will add them if needed?

yes

slydog43

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:55:58 AM »
One more thing, is the only difference in the 32bit vs 64 bit the attract.exe, or are any dll, etc different?

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »
attract.exe is it, there are no dlls or other object code installed.  No registry stuff either.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »
attract.exe is it, there are no dlls or other object code installed.  No registry stuff either.

Gee you mean that can be done? Sure that won-t break windows writing "clean code" like that? :p
People want life easy..then complain about it