Author Topic: Rocket Launcher with Attract-Mode?  (Read 2659 times)

iOtero

• View Profile
Rocket Launcher with Attract-Mode?
« on: June 06, 2019, 06:52:03 AM »
Can someone explain to me what is the advantage of using RL with AM?

If it has any, because i do not find any.
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Rocket Launcher with Attract-Mode?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:34:56 AM »
Depends on how you want to use it. It's a very powerful tool but I like to keep it simple.
I started using RL to add extra bezels not supported by MAME, Retroarch or other emulators. At the moment RL is powering all bezels since it has many good options for bezels and other stuff, even the choice of random bezels per system/game if I want.

I also use it for all emulators to close with "back + start" on controller, and also to hide any emulator launching windows with a quick fade in blank black screen (I don't use those fade loading screens with extra art, etc.). Also for some nice simple shaders that RL has for some emulators that don't have that (similar to bezels), among other things like several options that you can tweak per system/emulator if there was ever need for that.

Basically RL can be very good if we use it within a frame a mind that is tool that can work together with AM to give us some extra nice options if we want and without complicating things.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:36:37 AM by Enkak »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 10:28:03 AM »
Thanks for your explanations, but it does not help me at all if it's only for those things.

I still find it more of a nuisance, than a utility.

Too complicated for what little he gives and how much he "eats".  :-[

With Attract-Mode and RetroArch, it's more than enough.  :P

Thanks for the help.  :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:30:11 AM by iOtero »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 10:45:39 AM »
I don't quite understand these kind of questions where you already know the answer. ;)
RL can be just as complicated as Retroarch or Attract-Mode or any other tool that we don't spend a little time learning about it or without a pre build with most of the work done. I know quite some people that don't use any of them because of that. We just need to know which tool we feel is best for what we want and go for it. :)

My personal build uses all of them and others, everything portable, don't feel heavy at all and most people will never know that any of them are there. ;D

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 11:01:09 AM »
I just wanted to know if you could do more than use bezels and special keys... and apparently it's not like that... :-[

And since RetroArch does it quite well, I do not see the utility. Nothing else.  8)