Author Topic: [SOLVED] Autohotkey to trigger exit key in AM?  (Read 22340 times)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Autohotkey to trigger exit key in AM?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »
Thanks for your post. I also now have it working for everything I have tried except mame, which is peculiar because I do hit escape on keyboard to exit mame.

____
While not entirely related, but on windows I use autohidemousecursor 2.14 to hide the mouse because it shows up occasionally with retroarch. http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/AutoHideMouseCursor
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:27:47 PM by bionictoothpick »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 07:22:30 AM »
Good info here guys, I'm going to sticky it.

empardopo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 01:14:44 PM »
A time ago, I programmed AllInOneFYC to remap keys and buttons. Perhaps, this program can be interesting for you.

You can take a look here.

The last version of the program can be found here.

Greetings.

Kevin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 07:47:24 AM »

I have written a Program to define a Exit Key for Gamepad or Keyboard to exit any Emulator.
You can use it with attract mode or Any other Program / mediacenter. You can also start / exit Attract mode with my Program.

The English in this Program is terrible because i'm German :) , but it works for me.

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=698.0

buttersoft

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 05:32:26 AM »
MAME is a pain, it won't take joy-to-key remappers, it only listens to low level input. So whatever you map your sticks to will likely have no effect. You might be able to do it with a registry edit, but anything short probably won't work.

I'd be curious to learn more about Kevin's program, though.

On the other hand you should just be able to bind both those buttons to UI Cancel in MAME. As in, set UI Cancel and just push both the buttons you want.

It's not perfect, it's not the hold7,push8 combo but it'd be the next best thing.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:40:24 AM by buttersoft »

snupello

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 01:02:38 AM »
Ok Nestopia allows to remap that insane "Escape for menu" behaviour. So I mapped escape to clean exit, and used Tab to show the menu in Nestopia.

Then I saw that snes9x default exit key is Alt-F4 anyways. So with that change my script should now exit all emulators cleanly apart from Mame.

This script it's ok for Daphne Emulator ??

spannernick1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 06:30:19 AM »
Can you do this on the Raspberry PI 3,I would like to shutdown by using 2 keys,maybe select and B or something..?