Author Topic: How to add sub menu inside emulators  (Read 3731 times)

cmac86

• View Profile
How to add sub menu inside emulators
« on: October 18, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »
Hey guys, I've been searching the web and forums but cant find any directions or info on how to add menus inside a menu.
Example would be SNES display Menu that shows wheel art, obviously the art links to roms. I want to know how to add a link to another menu/sub menu that leads to a new section, Example SNES Hacks. With that having wheel art of my choosing. I read via google that it was implemented but I cannot find anywhere here on the forum with instructions. I have searched but nothing seems to pop up on the matter.

I would really appreciate some help or a link to instructions.

Thanks alot guys

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: How to add sub menu inside emulators
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »
here is the thred
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1804.0

and here is the AM info,https://github.com/mickelson/attract/commit/b71b0e48c478a115a9648968701b6191f831e23e  dont think that it has been compiled with it though,,
so just use the first link.
help a friend....

cmac86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »
I actually seen this thread and didn't think it was related to what I wanted. Thanks alot for your reply. I'll give this a go.

cmac86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 07:16:54 AM »
I have looked into this. I am very confused as this option changes alot of things in attract mode. Basically I wanted to add a new sub section/category under the sections I've already created. As I have the usual emulator sections snes, nes etc I wanted to add sections in those sections (preferably at the top above the roms) with wheel art directing to snes hacks. nes hacks etc. I think if there is an option to start a fresh il give it ago but if not ill wait until the new options are added to AM.