Author Topic: Why am I taking an extra step to exit?  (Read 2724 times)

RyeBrewls17

• View Profile
Why am I taking an extra step to exit?
« on: October 19, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »
So I built an arcade1up unit and got my retropie 3b+ installed onto it. I added attract mode and some other details to make it look sharp. The only emulator I have running is the arcade. I removed the others from the list. So now when I push the joystick left or right it shows the Retropie menu and the arcade emulator with all the games. The past few days I've been getting Filters set up for the arcade games, different categories like fighting, shmups, classics, etc. It was all working great. This morning I went to finalize a few things and when it started it asked me for a username and password. It's happened before but don't really know why it did it this time, but whatever I can fix that. The real issue is when I went to exit attract mode. Usually if I'm on the main screens with either the Retropie menu or the arcade emulator up I hit the back button and it asks if I want to exit. Now, when I hit the back button it loads an extra layout, it looks just like the arcade one with robospin and everything, but the only choices are the Retropie menu and arcade emulator. From there I have to hit the back button again in order to exit. It's like a new filter was added above everything else. I was messing around with the filters but when I went to test them it all looked fine. Just the ones I made for the arcade categories are showing on the list. Nothing strange in the menu either. I tried looking for an answer but it's a weird situation and I'm not real sure what to search. Any help would be great. Thanks.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Why am I taking an extra step to exit?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 10:31:31 AM »
Do you mean this?
or this?
Please send pictures.
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

RyeBrewls17

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 03:02:21 PM »
Here are some pics of the setup.

This is the arcade emulator using the robospin with one of the filters. If I push a button a list of the filters with other categories pops up and I can switch to it.

If I push left or right it goes to the Retropie configuration. Those are the only 2 things I have running.

If I push the "back" button it brings up this screen. When I push up or down it goes between 2 selections, I think they are just the Retropie configuration screen(see above) and the arcade emulation(see above). When I selected one of them the unit froze.

Before when I push the "back" button it would prompt me with this.

No idea why it all of a sudden brings me to the other screen.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 10:23:14 PM »
What you are seeing is called the Displays Menu. You see it because you have systems in your /attract/attract.cfg file that are marked with

Code: [Select]
in_menu              yes

RyeBrewls17

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 08:31:23 AM »
Oh I see. I'll check that out now. Thanks.

Alright. The only 2 things listed with a "yes" are the Retropie menu and Arcade. If I mark those as "no" will that extra menu go away when I try to exit? I don't want to try it if it might wreck the setup.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:39:37 AM by RyeBrewls17 »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 08:49:59 AM »
It should but since we don't know what you did, other settings might need to be adjusted too. I can assure you that changing "in_menu" to from "yes" to "no" will not break anything. Make a backup copy of the attract.cfg (it's just a text file) before making any changes and if causes any issues just put the original file back.

P.S. It's not coincidental that the only two items that appear in the menu are the two marked "yes" to "in_menu".
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:55:04 AM by progets »

RyeBrewls17

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 10:45:24 AM »
Yay! After some fiddling around with the config file and with the menus on the unit itself I finally got it to go away. I don't know exactly what I did, but it's back to what it was.