Author Topic: Raspberry Pi 4: Video of Attract-Mode, RetroArch and Raspbian Buster in Raspi4  (Read 5368 times)

iOtero

• View Profile
Attract-Mode and RetroArch on the Raspberry pi 4.

I have managed to run both programs on pi 4 with Raspbian Buster.

I feel that the video does not have more quality, i will try to do a better one as soon as possible.

Sega Saturn has very poor results, but PSX, N64 and Sega Dreamcast work very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7zckqhYgk

New video, best quality, but remais imperfect, sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NZOGc9EuaQ

At the end of the video i have executed a pinout so that the pi 4 could be seen, it is not appreciated much, but you can see that the network socket is up and the usb down, unlike the pi 3B +.

New video of much better quality.

Boot in black, directly to the Attract-Mode, where my Stargate theme appears, and i run 1942 in the MAME2010 of RetroArch, then i go out to the system, with the right mouse button i access the ioRaspi4 menu, i open the terminal, i run pinout , which already looks great, and you can see that we are on a Raspberry pi 4 and not on any previous model.

Then back to Attract-Mode and run Mario Kart 64 from Nintendo 64, after one lap, i go out to the menu and run Aqua GT from Sega Dreamcast and i hit a tour of London, it seems.

After i close the system, in closing messages anyone who knows a little bit of Linux can check that it runs exclusively under Raspbian Buster.

The truth is that both the N64 and the Dreamcast, as you can see in the video, perform with great fluency in the Raspberry pi 4.

Note: ioRaspi4 is my personal system mounted to run under Raspbian Buster with Desktop on a Raspberry pi 4 and is optimized to work on a 4:3 monitor and 1024x768 pixels. And it is not, nor will it ever be, part of a downloadable image for the Raspberry pi 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBXCK3WyLD0
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 05:11:03 AM by iOtero »
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

calle81

• View Profile
Re: Video of Attract-Mode, RetroArch and Raspbian Buster in Raspberry Pi 4
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 01:51:50 PM »
Wohoo :) Can you share instructions on how to compile?

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 04:04:55 AM »
I think that should Mickelson and / or someone from the staff.
And more taking into account that since Raspbian Jessie nobody has updated the GitHub documentation.
It works for me, but, for example, in video_decoder i can't put opengles, only software... so i know that things are missing.
If i can compile it perfect, i will share it.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 04:22:35 AM »
Added new video, best quality, but remains imperfect, sorry...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:39:15 AM by iOtero »

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »
New modification of the main post.

This time, at the end of it, i add a new HD video with MAME, N64 and Dreamcast running on my ioRaspi4.

This video demonstrates clearly and without any doubt that I am only using Attract-Mode and RetroArch on a Raspberry pi 4 running with Raspbian Buster.

iOtero

• View Profile
Attract-Mode 2.6.0 runs without problems in Raspberry pi 4.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 05:06:08 AM by iOtero »

kwyxz

• View Profile
Yeah so I would like to add more context to this "runs without problems" because it is obvious watching the videos that it is running using X11, which is definitely not great for performance on a device like the Raspberry Pi, even the Pi 4. Running Attract-Mode using fKMS on the Pi 4 doesn't seem possible without some patching of sfml-pi I am afraid.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah so I would like to add more context to this "runs without problems" because it is obvious watching the videos that it is running using X11, which is definitely not great for performance on a device like the Raspberry Pi, even the Pi 4. Running Attract-Mode using fKMS on the Pi 4 doesn't seem possible without some patching of sfml-pi I am afraid.

Mame and even advmame requires sdl2, which requires X.

iOtero

• View Profile
What you want, but it works perfectly for me.  8)

Of course i do not intend to put layouts like Arcadeflow... I have already designed my own so that they consume few resources.  :-[

And with RetroArch i emulate up to Sega Dreamcast... I don't need more... ;D

And the MAME2003+ and MAME2010 cores also work well for me.  :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:36:21 PM by iOtero »