Author Topic: PC Game Launching, video decoding questions  (Read 2219 times)

apzonerunner

• View Profile
PC Game Launching, video decoding questions
« on: February 15, 2017, 12:11:41 PM »
Hey all! So... two questions.

1) Video Decoding... I notice in the settings I have an option called 'Video Decoder', but other than 'software' I have no options. Is there a way to get more options here? I'm imagining switching to another type of decoder would relieve some pressure from AM while it's running, though this is also a powerful machine in general... This is a windows-based machine, not a pi or whatever. It'd be cool to run something else if it's possible, but I'm not sure how?

2) PC games. I've got some issues with some Steam games, and I'm not sure why. Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter X Tekken and Skullgirls all won't launch from AttractMode. SF4 and SFxT kick out Direct3D related errors before booting you right back to AttractMode, while Skullgirls gives no feedback at all. I've tried these games with displays that both scrape directly from steam and displays that scrape for Links/EXEs, the result is always the same. If I boot directly from Steam or from the shortcut links directly in windows, all boot, but via AM it simply refuses. I can see through a cursory search some other users of attractmode have got SF4 working, too. I've posted about this problem before to no avail, but since I was posting about decoding I figured I'd ask again, as I've been hunting for a solution for a while and it's driving me to distraction!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:15:19 PM by apzonerunner »

shredalive587

• View Profile
Re: PC Game Launching, video decoding questions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 11:03:08 AM »
In all likelihood it's the version of retroarch you are running. Versions after 1.7.7 don't seem to launch through am, at least not the mame cores.