Author Topic: [download] NEVATO theme  (Read 287013 times)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: [download] NEVATO theme
« Reply #330 on: August 07, 2018, 12:08:03 PM »
no clue re:windows - I'm on a mac.

"other themes works" - you mean: the same emulator, the same game works in other theme?
if so - it's strange, have no answer

"the screen flickers but doesn't launch" - you mean: goes back to theme?
if so, looks like a problem with emulator

----

check console - without checking the errors it's just a guessing game

Joe737

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 07, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply. By Other Themes, I mean within AM, using Attrac-Man for example, everything works and games launch.  When I switch to Nevato or Robospin (the themes with wheels) - the games won't launch -  just a flicker, pixelation for a moment, then back to the them as if I exited out.

When I run in console mode, no errors appear, in fact is says "***Running".  I thought maybe it was launching on another phantom screen, but I have multi-screen disabled, and no other monitors set up.

Really stumped, what could go wrong at the handoff from AM to MAME in Nevato/Robospin only?

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »
I have no clue. Maybe it has something to do with switching screen resolution? ATTRAC MAN is probably low-res and NEVATO is hi-res. That's only the one thing (theme related) that comes to mind.

But it's just a wild guess.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:52:36 PM by verion »

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 09, 2018, 12:38:44 PM »
Hi, a longshot but do you have the resfix plugin enabled? If so try to disable it and restart.

Joe737

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2018, 08:08:49 PM »
Regarding not launching in XP - I got a new graphics card (HD 4670) and the driver update fixed my problem.  Perhaps because it installed some software or components I didn't have before? Either way, it turned out to be a Windows (specifically graphics driver) issue.  Thanks for everyone who tried to help - so many cool people in this hobby!  -Joe

apzonerunner

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2018, 02:31:58 AM »
Just wanna say thanks to Verion - this theme is amazing and is the cornerstone of my whole build. Brilliant stuff.

With that said, a question... Any idea what might be causing this - the text on the LCD strip (play count etc) to be out of alignment? This was fine before - for months. It's like it on every display. I did update AM, not sure if that caused it... and I can't find the option to turn this text off to just remove it entirely, either?!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:48:23 AM by apzonerunner »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2018, 03:22:31 AM »
Just wanna say thanks to Verion - this theme is amazing and is the cornerstone of my whole build. Brilliant stuff.
thanks

Any idea what might be causing this - the text on the LCD strip (play count etc) to be out of alignment? This was fine before - for months.

No idea. But you can simply tweak text position editing layout.nut file
Open it up in text editor and find the section regarding LCD display. It should be easy - every section is clearly described in comments.
And tweak X and Y position - trial and error method.

sparkyar

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 19, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »

Any idea what might be causing this - the text on the LCD strip (play count etc) to be out of alignment? This was fine before - for months.

No idea. But you can simply tweak text position editing layout.nut file
Open it up in text editor and find the section regarding LCD display. It should be easy - every section is clearly described in comments.
And tweak X and Y position - trial and error method.

It also happened to me, but I did the arduous thing and changed the png  :P ... I also added a 2nd set of buttons to make it a 2p cabinet ;)

I uploaded the png here
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2354.0
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 01:06:11 PM by sparkyar »

Dallinj

• Clueless and Proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 25, 2018, 08:29:41 AM »
Is there any way to center fanart/flyers in the background? 99% of my flyers are completely blocked by the cabinet.

Dallinj

• Clueless and Proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 29, 2018, 07:17:04 PM »
Also, I might be missing something obvious, but I can't find the way to shift the LCD text upwards. No XY coordinates in the .nut file that I can see. Any help?

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 29, 2018, 11:46:10 PM »
Also, I might be missing something obvious, but I can't find the way to shift the LCD text upwards. No XY coordinates in the .nut file that I can see. Any help?

It's the second blip multiplier in in the fe.add_text functions in the "//LCD display text under cab screen" section (line 513 to 572 in the layout.nut). In this example, it is the value 6208. Try setting it to 6108 to move the text "PLAYED:" a little up. I had to do this myself to position it correctly on my 16:10 screen.

Code: [Select]
local lcdLeftText = fe.add_text( "PLAYED: " + "[PlayedCount]", blip*0.1536, blip*0.6208, blip*0.48, blip*0.04 );

The same applies to all similar lines for [FilterName], [Name], and so on in the LCD section.

Dallinj

• Clueless and Proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 02, 2018, 05:56:07 PM »

It's the second blip multiplier in in the fe.add_text functions in the "//LCD display text under cab screen" section (line 513 to 572 in the layout.nut). In this example, it is the value 6208. Try setting it to 6108 to move the text "PLAYED:" a little up. I had to do this myself to position it correctly on my 16:10 screen.

The same applies to all similar lines for [FilterName], [Name], and so on in the LCD section.

Okay, thanks! I couldn't find it for the life of me!

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 03, 2018, 01:25:50 AM »
Yeah, finding coordinates in nut files can be taxing if you're not experienced in Squirrel code, I know that first-hand. ,:)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #343 on: November 05, 2018, 01:30:49 PM »
Actually I've put some effort to remark every setting and section in the layout.nut in NEVATO.
So finding the place shouldn't be hard.

Tweaking the coordinates - that's another story. :D

kwyxz

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 09, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »
The OnyxArcade website seems to be dead... is there any other location where we can find the Nevato theme for download?