Author Topic: request: modern theme for full size arcade cabinet  (Read 5079 times)

sickle

• View Profile
request: modern theme for full size arcade cabinet
« on: June 13, 2018, 07:00:58 PM »
Hi, I've been trying to find a theme for days now, and have found nothing. my favorite themes are: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=939.0 as well as http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2047.0.
Ambience HD is my favorite so far, i love almost every thing about it. i love how smoothly each transition is, as well as the transitional sounds, and its light feeling. though i would prefer that the background dosn't have the blurry image of the selected game, i like it, but it wouldn't fit my setup.
i wanted to make my own, but i don't know any coding, and don't feel like learning squirrel just for one project.

the theme needs to support multiple aspect ratios because i have AM running on multiple systems. (5:4, 16:9, and 4:3)
overall i need it to match with a loading screen i'm making in after affects: https://youtu.be/x30wEbD2uBU

the final machine will be a dedicated arcade machine when its finished, so i was also wandering if it would be better to have a dedicated mame OS (like lakka, but more customization like attract mode) or if i should keep attract mode on ubuntu and run it as is?

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: request: modern theme for full size arcade cabinet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 08:22:04 PM »
 :)

thanks. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:20:55 AM by jedione »
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:17:37 PM »
Hi, I've been trying to find a theme for days now

I don't know if you have already tried it or if it's something you like or not, but my theme Arcadeflow seems quite similar to what you need. If you want to give it a try the link is this: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2068.0

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 03:26:32 AM »
You will probably have to code a theme yourself, or modify an existing one.

I don’t understand the point of a loading screen when I am using outdated hardware and things still load almost instantly.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 05:18:16 AM »
maybe he's using it as boot screen for linux

---

as for the theme - it will be easier to change your loading screen to match an existing layout aesthetics (or mod an existing one)
there are not too many themes that are responsive (i.e. for horizontal and vertical screens). Arcadeflow and Flat Blue - for sure, maybe 2 more but I can't remember which.

sickle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:10:24 AM »
thanks for the fast replies
i think i'm going to go with arcadeflow until Oomek releases their theme

BTW, i am using the loading screen as a boot screen for Linux. because the cabinet will be used by a lot of people (some less experienced with tech), i felt that it would be better to take a bit longer to boot than to show the code scrolling through.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 10:56:41 PM »
i think i'm going to go with arcadeflow until Oomek releases their theme

BTW, i am using the loading screen as a boot screen for Linux.

Cool, you can customize Arcadeflow changing the background to fit your boot screen, it's in the theme options, no need to edit the code.

sickle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »
Quote from: zpaolo11x link=topic=2293.ms
[/quote

Cool, you can customize Arcadeflow changing the background to fit your boot screen, it's in the theme options, no need to edit the code.

Thanks for the help