Author Topic: Create AM to ES and ES to AM as menu options  (Read 3546 times)

cmac86

• View Profile
Create AM to ES and ES to AM as menu options
« on: October 18, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »
Hey guys can anyone help with this, I want to have both options added in both ES and AM, I've searched here on the forum and can't find any info apart from a thread asking the same question but with no replies. I'd appreciate it.

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Create AM to ES and ES to AM as menu options
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 05:45:16 PM »
I want to have both options added in both ES and AM...

What options are you asking about..what options does AM have that ES does not and/or what options does ES that AM doesn't have that you want?

Yes I am confused...  ???
People want life easy..then complain about it

cmac86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »
Basically I want to have the option of having both frontends as shortcuts to access each frontend. Main reason is  prefer attract mode and I boot into it but when the kids play after school I switch via terminal to ES because it's more user friendly for them. Also with the options to have kiosk mode makes it better also. Personal preference really. Could you help with what I am trying to achieve? Basically from the settings tab in AM I'd like the option to go to ES and from the settings area in ES have the option to boot to AM. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

factoid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 03:46:03 PM »
I don't know how to do it myself, but I know what you want is possible, because the image I'm using has those options added in.   It's the pdark image, which I believe is based off of motionblue.  So you might want to check out the motion blue docs.

I have a menu option under Attract Mode that reboots me into emulationstation and one in emulationstation that reboots me into attract mode.

factoid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:31:35 PM »
Hey, I was just poking around inside my Pi looking for a mame config and I think i stumbled across the thing you wanted:

In the directory /home/pi/RetroPie/retropiemenu/

there is a file called "Switch To Attract Mode.sh"

There's also an icon file for the menu.

Likewise in /home/pi/.attract/Attract Mode Setup/  there is a file called "Launch Emulation Station to Configure Controllers.sh" and an icon in the wheels subdirectory for that.

I'm not sure if there's a config file or something somewhere you have to add these scripts to to get them to show up, or if just putting them in there is enough.  I'll drop my files here as attachments and you can try it out. 

cmac86

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 05:57:42 PM »
Thanks alot for your replies guys. I appreciate it. I'll have a look at your files and see if I can figure it out. Thanks once more.