Author Topic: AttractMode + Preview Videos = UI Freezes  (Read 2658 times)

shakennot_stirred

• View Profile
AttractMode + Preview Videos = UI Freezes
« on: March 25, 2019, 07:58:31 PM »
I recently reworked my cabinet with GroovyArcade due to the great CRT support and the minimal setup compared to HyperSpin. So far so good, props to the GroovyArcade devs for sure.

However I was just finishing the setup, and used AttractMode to scrape the ROMs and grabbed the demo videos for MAME, and it seems like the GUI is no longer stable. It will just lock up with no response to inputs now. I've verified I can still SSH in and kill the PID, and the background music/videos will continue playing, but nothing I do with the controls, either keyboard or the mapped joystick will make it respond.

I'm running it on a Core2Duo 2.53 with an ArcadeVGA for the video card. It's not the newest setup but I would think it would behave.

Any suggestions of what I should toggle or specific logs I should look at to determine why the UI is no longer responsive? Much thanks.

dark1973

• View Profile
Re: AttractMode + Preview Videos = UI Freezes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 06:09:55 AM »
sometimes i have the same problem.
I try to change video decoder but same result
(win10 64 bit, core i5, 9700gtx)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 07:09:33 AM »
my am2 set up with am works great,,
but my i7 build with the same setup as other machine  is having this same ishu
dont know what to do abought it...
help a friend....

beerbarian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 05:16:27 AM »
I'm not sure if this tip will help you but maybe it will:

I was having the same problem with latest GroovyArcade 2019.03.10 release.
Core 2 quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM and Radeon HD4350 card.
I found the same GUI lock up happening in attract mode with video clips present, and it was happening across all built in themes and some downloaded ones.
One workaround I had was to press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to switch to a command line tty away from the X video screen.
Then use ALT+left arrow/cursor key to switch back to the X window and this usually unfroze the GUI.
As I kept experimenting with themes and trying to troubleshoot, I found the uni_cade theme works great and loops the video clips no problem and no freezing:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=481.msg3968#msg3968

Hope this helps.