Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547923 times)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.7 [Release] Updated 5 July 2018
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 01:59:21 AM »
Cool - that's a great news.
And the flexibility/responsiveness of that theme is great. Really good job!

I suppose that with "default" color scheme you can put any current-game-related artwork? Not just blurred snap?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 02:13:48 AM »
I suppose that with "default" color scheme you can put any current-game-related artwork? Not just blurred snap?

In theory if you want different artwork as background (game related artwork that is) you should just point the "blur" artwork label to something else. That said, AF expects this background to be in square format and I honestly don't remember if it will maintain the aspect ratio... I'll check and report later.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2018, 05:16:52 AM »
Cool - that's a great news.

Arcadeflow 1.8 is out with square cropped thumbs. Please report any bugs ;D

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.8 [Release] Updated 5 July 2018
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2018, 05:20:49 AM »
great I'll test it and let you know

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.9 [Release] Updated 25 July 2018
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 12:42:25 AM »
Arcadeflow 1.9 is out and is 2.4 compliant! Please test it and let me know :)

pibuilder

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2018, 05:48:07 PM »
Arcadeflow 1.9 is out and is 2.4 compliant! Please test it and let me know :)

This looks pretty much exactly what I'd like to use in my RPI3B+ Curious to know if this updated version 1.9 will work with it ? How should the file structure be on the Rpi with all these files ? Do I keep it zipped / unzipped within the layouts folder ? I have a few other themes running right now but I really dig this particular layout. It's called Arcade Flow, as the name would suggest I would imagine most people are using these inside of cabinets only Ideally I'd like it to work on an rpi3b+.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 11:25:19 PM »
This looks pretty much exactly what I'd like to use in my RPI3B+ Curious to know if this updated version 1.9 will work with it ?

As you probably know if you've read the rest of the thread, AF is not really suited for the Raspberry Pi, at least this was true for Attract Mode 2.3, don't know if 2.4 is better. I'd really like to be able to tweak my theme to work with the Pi but testing is not easy since I don't own a Pi myself.

How should the file structure be on the Rpi with all these files ? Do I keep it zipped / unzipped within the layouts folder ? I have a few other themes running right now but I really dig this particular layout.

AFAIK you can use the archive as it is (zipped) or unzip it to a folder with the theme name and put it in the layouts folder.

It's called Arcade Flow, as the name would suggest I would imagine most people are using these inside of cabinets only Ideally I'd like it to work on an rpi3b+.

Well actually the name comes from the fact that the theme is intended for MAME users: it doesn't use flyers because not all arcade games have good flyers and it doesn't use game boxes art because of course arcade doesn't have boxes :) If I did it for other system I would make it different I think.

pibuilder

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2018, 07:44:16 AM »
So just an update on this when I used it on my rpi3b+ I got what I consider the WSOD aka White Screen Of Death. some of the fonts looked like lines weird things from a spaceship blocky weirdness nothing working etc /  nothing was showing no rom list / game list wasn't showing. No Snaps / Videos weren't showing.

As you probably know if you've read the rest of the thread, AF is not really suited for the Raspberry Pi, at least this was true for Attract Mode 2.3, don't know if 2.4 is better. I'd really like to be able to tweak my theme to work with the Pi but testing is not easy since I don't own a Pi myself.

Brand new Rpi3b+ is cheap ! They are about 50-60$ including a Power Supply / Heat sinks + depending on what size microSD memory card you go with. It's worth it just to tinker with one. I almost feel compelled to send you one so long as you can get this working on an rpi3b+ properly.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2018, 06:10:43 AM »
I will try and look into AF RPi compatibility (again ;D) but my fear is that, as before, AF is to heavy for the Pi. And I know the pi is really cheap, what I lack though is the spare time to dedicate to it. I can play with code every time I have some spare time but playing with the Pi won’t be so straight forward I fear.

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2018, 05:48:59 PM »
on 4:3 monitor all my horizontal games snaps are cropped like the vertical ones :/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:52:49 PM by ryuuji »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2018, 03:26:45 AM »
on 4:3 monitor all my horizontal games snaps are cropped like the vertical ones :/

What emulator and what version? Have you updated your romlist recently? Can you post a screenshot?

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2018, 03:33:23 AM »
I m using Attract Mode 2.4 on Windows 10. AM runs on a 2nd monitor 4:3 aspect ratio. The layout interprets that all the games are vertical games so the horizontal game snaps are cropped.
sshot below

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:54:02 AM by ryuuji »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2018, 11:16:43 AM »
I m using Attract Mode 2.4 on Windows 10. AM runs on a 2nd monitor 4:3 aspect ratio. The layout interprets that all the games are vertical games so the horizontal game snaps are cropped.
sshot below

Hmm I see many things that are not how they should be in that screenshot... you don't have snaps? because all the tiles have no screenshots except the one that is zoomed in (probably playing a video). But that's not the main issue.

What puzzles me is the aspect ratio: while the screenshot resolution is undoubtedly 4:3, it seems that AF "thinks" it's a 16:9 and therefore stretches the thumbs. This shouldn't be the case, AF should adapt to the proper aspect ratio... Are you using AF 19? I'll prepare a debug layout to check what's going on. Also try re-downloading AF because there was a mistake in one upload

AF should adapt thumbs with respect to the Info.Rotation property of games, sometimes it's necessary to refresh the romlist to make it work.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2018, 12:38:00 PM »
so i just put the script that zpaolo11x posted for a blur background  and this is what i get...

pretty cool i think     no need for blured image file,,   works with snaps or video.

if you want ill post it up,,  i just put it in its own layout and call it at the begining of the theme   "fe.do_nut("blur.nut");"

you tube....https://youtu.be/a5ARsBBMpTA
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2018, 12:41:56 PM »
you tube....https://youtu.be/a5ARsBBMpTA

Cool, I'm merging the effect in Arcadeflow right now (but together with many other changes that are slowing me down a bit), how did you do it? If you want you can send me the files to paolo.zago@gmail.com