Poll

Shall I go with this new look? Screenshot on Page 11

Yes
No

Author Topic: Ambience HD theme v0.8 beta [Released]  (Read 94706 times)

8bitsdeep

• View Profile
Re: Ambience HD theme [WIP]
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »
I want to be perfectly honest with you. I started rewritting the theme, but in the meantime I got distracted and started experimenting with asynchronous loading of images for AttractMode. I’ve underestimated the complexity of the task and it’s taking longer as I thought it would.
Here’s a little demo and as you can see I load almost 300 snaps in 100ms while preserving smooth 60fps.

https://youtu.be/xYKcS_rrjpM

I can drop it and finish Ambience, but you have to answer it for yourself, what is more important, finishing my theme, or async image loading for AM ;)

As who can't use most community themes because they're too choppy, this is a thing a beauty. Best of luck finishing it up!

I suffer from chronic health problems as well. It can be very rough.  I hope you feel better soon, mate.

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2019, 06:27:02 AM »
Very good! When will a download version be available? The truth is that I liked this layout a lot.

th3m3at

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
I am excited for the release of this as well.  Even if it is only partially complete.

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2019, 12:26:02 AM »
It's been a really long time since the original/initial post. I wonder if Oomek is still working on this? ;D

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2019, 07:04:10 AM »
I have spoken to Oomek by private message and he has told me that he currently does not have time to finish it. A shame ... We will have to wait to see what happens later. :-\

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2019, 01:46:51 AM »
I want to be perfectly honest with you. I started rewritting the theme, but in the meantime I got distracted and started experimenting with asynchronous loading of images for AttractMode. I’ve underestimated the complexity of the task and it’s taking longer as I thought it would.
Here’s a little demo and as you can see I load almost 300 snaps in 100ms while preserving smooth 60fps.

https://youtu.be/xYKcS_rrjpM

I can drop it and finish Ambience, but you have to answer it for yourself, what is more important, finishing my theme, or async image loading for AM ;)

Would you consider sharing/releasing it in the state that it was shown? So perhaps others could finish what you started?

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2019, 06:30:11 AM »
Hi.
Since there is still a lot of interest in that theme I could spare some time to finish it to shareable state. The only problem I found today is that Attract Mode 2.6.0 broke Ambience. AM will be crashing on loading Ambience until the regression described here https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/566 gets a fix

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2019, 06:33:58 AM »
Hi.
Since there is still a lot of interest in that theme I could spare some time to finish it to shareable state. The only problem I found today is that Attract Mode 2.6.0 broke Ambience. AM will be crashing on loading Ambience until the regression described here https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/566 gets a fix

In the videos you posted on YouTube it looks amazing just like this one. I am willing to help you if you wish. I don't have much knowledge in programming, but in design or testing I offer myself. :)

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2019, 10:25:22 AM »
Hi.

Thank you! That's great! If it strains you in any way though; just forget about it.

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2019, 08:22:24 AM »
Simply beautiful this theme, I think it deserves the release ;)

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2019, 11:33:17 AM »
Yup beautiful theme.

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
thank you very much. I appreciate your work

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2019, 02:09:45 PM »
Just a little update:

I'm digging through those 4000 lines of code. Fixed 90% of things that needed fixing, just 2 bugs left to squash and I'm ready to publish the first beta, so it shouldn't be long.

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »
What good news Ommek! Waiting for the beta version then. Thank you.  ;D

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2019, 04:38:45 PM »
Thank you, for the work will be magnificent.