Author Topic: Attract mode configs for Rocketlauncher  (Read 11503 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Attract mode configs for Rocketlauncher
« on: April 09, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »
A lot of people have been asking about using RL with Attract, so here is what needs to happen on the attract side of the house. This was posted by the RL Dev, it does not cover setting up RocketLauncher itself.

What you need to do in each Attractmode\emulators\*.cfg, open them all in notepad++ and change the executable and args to this:

executable D:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
args -s "[emulator]" -r "[name]" -p AttractMode -f "D:\AttractMode\attract.exe"

Obviously edit your path to your RL exe. When you do that, your RL log will show this:

Main - Raw CLI received: "-s Nintendo Entertainment System -r 1942 (Japan, USA) -p AttractMode -f D:\AttractMode\attract.exe"

One other important thing is the system names in Attractmode must match RL official names. So for NES, the emulator cfg looks like this:
Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg

It makes no sense to keep them the emulator names as what comes default with AttractMode as RL is now handling emulators, not the FE. Also, if you don't want to change the names, then you have to edit that -s "[emulator] to include the official name: -s "Nintendo Entertainment System".

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: Attract mode configs for Rocketlauncher
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 08:29:34 AM »
Just an update on this. For those using Rocketlauncher, I have written an RocketLauncherUI plugin so it can read the emulators and romlists directly from rocketlauncher. The RLUI plugin can be found here: http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?1167-AttractMode-Frontend-Plugin&p=29097#post29097

scooter1974

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
RocketLauncher seems to be seeing all of my systems that I have set up in AM, but it is not displaying any information in the fade screen (Rom name, year, etc). Is the plugin able to do that?

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 08:19:06 PM »
Ii have the same priblem.  I will need to dig deeper regardibg this.  Ill give an update here when i have it sorted out

scooter1974

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 05:53:04 AM »
If you change your args to:

Code: [Select]
args                 "[emulator]" "[name]"
It should work.

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 07:50:49 AM »
One of the big things you can do beside use rocketlauncher for the system is rocket launcher can have costume control's per game, and per game options however in order to do this list when last messed with rocket launcher you needed to supply a Gamelist.xml because it couldn't read our game list if this has changed then disregard this post however if it hasnt this is so far the easit way to get a rocket launcher game list

Go to http://www.convertcsv.com/csv-to-xml.htm

Select Custom via template
then past in

Code: [Select]
<game name="{f1}" index="true" image="a">
         <description>{f2}</description>
         <cloneof>{f15}</cloneof>
         <manufacturer>{f6}</manufacturer>
         <year>{f5}</year>
         <genre>{f7}</genre>
         <rating>{f8}</rating>
         <enabled>Yes</enabled>
</game>

This will take ourgame like this
GigaWing Generations;GigaWing Generations;Games;;2004;Tatio;Shmup;1-2;2.02;3;;;;;翼神 GIGAWING GENERATIONS;

and turn it into

<game name="GigaWing Generations" index="true" image="a">
         <description>GigaWing Generations</description>
         <cloneof>翼神 GIGAWING GENERATIONS</cloneof>
         <manufacturer>Tatio</manufacturer>
         <year>2004</year>
         <genre>Shmup</genre>
         <rating>1-2</rating>
         <enabled>Yes</enabled>
</game>

Note I have my alt title set for the Japanese title

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 12:49:42 AM »
So, after messing with RL and trying to get it to read AM configs, a light went off in my head. I am in the process of writing a AM plugin for rocketlauncher that will provide all information that RL needs when starting a game. This way, I can simple the integration tremedously on the RL side.

Stay tuned...