Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 524042 times)

nespcbuild

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #450 on: September 10, 2016, 05:40:08 PM »
One more question - is there any simple way to recreate my roms list for mame with the games organized by their actual name rather than the name of the .zip file?

Floob

• View Profile
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

nespcbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 12, 2016, 09:28:21 AM »
Thanks floob

Trekdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 24, 2016, 05:40:23 PM »
This is so nice, really better than emulationstation.
It's a bunch off work to install everything. Just a couple of questions.

How do I remove the rom name at the button of the screen and the amount of games in the folder add the left side?

This is probably the worst question.  I have a bunch off system themes from hs, how can I install them? 

UncleSlim

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 01, 2016, 07:12:38 AM »
After updating to the newest image, the dreamcast / Reicast emulator doesn't have any sound ?

anybody know how to fix that ?

Am i the only one without sound in Reicast after the update ?

matthewj

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 14, 2016, 02:15:26 PM »
So i'm trying out this latest version and finding 1 odd issue. Sometimes keystrokes (using an ipac2, not joystick) are being forwarded back to attract mode from mame-libertro. I'll load a game, sf2 for example, play for a min then press ESC to exit the game. The game closes as it should but then attract mode prompts confirmation on exit. I changed the exit key for attract mode, which worked but didn't fix the issue. Other keys are coming through as well like up/down/button1 etc etc.

I made no changes to anything but mapping my keys in mame.

Any ideas?

bkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 14, 2016, 09:56:28 PM »
I think I have a similar issue as matthewj. I'm on a pi3 using your image. I'm also using keyboard input and ESC is set to exit the game. So pressing ESC will exit the game, but then it goes back to AM the game instantly relaunches. Or sometimes it brings up the exit prompt for attract mode.

In general it seems like key presses are being passed to attract mode when I exit mame-libretro. Sometimes after returning to attract mode it scrolls up and down the list of games.

Any help would be appreciated because it's pretty unusable at this point.

matthewj

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 15, 2016, 03:23:23 AM »
bkaz, which romset are you using? I'm using 0.106. Today, i'm going to test with another that doesn't use mame-libertro as a test.

matthewj

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2016, 04:59:01 AM »
So I switched over to mame-advance and did a test, trying both versions of the emulator available. All with the same result. Keypresses from mame are being passed back to attractmode.

Do you have any thoughts on this floob?

bkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2016, 08:27:16 AM »
There is currently an open bug report here: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/266 that refers to games restarting immediately after exiting. But I suspect that it's just key presses being passed to attract mode after the game exits.

There are a couple other threads here that reference this problem and apparently there are numerous reports on the Attract Mode facebook group. I've tried using different window settings (fill screen / full screen) with no improvement. I've also tried setting input_poll_type_behavior to 0, 1, and 2 in the retroarch.cfg file. No improvements yet.

Users report that the problem doesn't exist with emulationstation, so the problem looks like it's in Attract Mode.

matthewj

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »
I used the previous versions of this image and never had this issue. I might have to compare them all to find where it went wrong.

bkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »
Which previous versions didn't have this issue? I was using v5 (attract mode 2.1) and just now I threw v4 (which has Attract Mode 2.0) on an SD card, but it had the same problem.

matthewj

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 16, 2016, 03:18:43 AM »
It must of been an image made by someone else. I know it used X to launch attractmode.

Who can fix this? I'm willing to throw some money at this for a solution.

Floob

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 16, 2016, 05:15:00 AM »
Version v0.2 uses X, and up to v0.4 can use X - just start Attract mode with "xinit attract" rather than "attract"
The previous builds also had a delay on bootup to avoid the keyboard not responding on boot.

I only use joypads, so I havent tried with keyboard much - not sure if the issue is with all libretro cores, or just mame related ones.
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

bkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 16, 2016, 06:52:04 AM »
I booted up my v.04 card exited attract mode. From the command line I restarted it using "xinit attract". Looks like it didn't solve the problem. After exiting a MAME game the "Exit Attract Mode" screen pops up almost instantly - probably because my MAME exit button is ESC.