Author Topic: Press Start to continue  (Read 2505 times)

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
Press Start to continue
« on: December 17, 2019, 09:49:43 AM »
Hello

On attract mode when I select a game I added an image showing the controls layout and then I set run command to like 999 so it don’t disappear right away.

You have to press A and only Afor it to go forward and start game up. I would like to change it to start button. Is this possible? I know I can go to controls and set my start button as the A button and it will work but anyway I can just change via script?

Also before image appears there is some text on top with run command I think? It’s for a quick second then disappears and the image appears. It does not do this in emulation station

dmmarti

• View Profile
Re: Press Start to continue
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 10:35:48 AM »
Sounds like you are running a RetroPie based build.

In which case, you didn't add anything into Attract Mode, but instead added a launching image for that game.  That's all controlled via RetroPie scripts...not Attract Mode or Emulation Station.

Once the runcommand.sh shell script is invoked, neither Emulation Station nor Attract Mode are operational.  At that point, it's linux launching the emulator (and possibly using the xboxdrv and/or the joytokey python script).

Re-mapping controls to advance through the launching image isn't part of Attract Mode.  You'll need to re-map it somehow using the xboxdrv or joytokey and/or something within the runcommand.sh script itself.

I think the displaying of those launching images (splash screens) is controlled from RetroPie's splash screens script.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 10:44:30 AM by dmmarti »

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 11:21:40 AM »
Oh wow thank u so much that fixed everything

Since u mentioned xboxdrv

I did want to use this on my arcade build. I was told there might be an option to have a hold press on the escape button.

I only have the start button so I have retroarch setup where start acts as both coin and start. Then I set start as my hotkey and start as exit key.

I wanted if u press start u get coin and start which it does. But in order to trigger escape u would have to hold it down.

I think I saw awhile ago someone posted and got it to work

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »

clockman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 10:06:48 AM »
Sounds like you are running a RetroPie based build.

In which case, you didn't add anything into Attract Mode, but instead added a launching image for that game.  That's all controlled via RetroPie scripts...not Attract Mode or Emulation Station.

Once the runcommand.sh shell script is invoked, neither Emulation Station nor Attract Mode are operational.  At that point, it's linux launching the emulator (and possibly using the xboxdrv and/or the joytokey python script).

Re-mapping controls to advance through the launching image isn't part of Attract Mode.  You'll need to re-map it somehow using the xboxdrv or joytokey and/or something within the runcommand.sh script itself.

I think the displaying of those launching images (splash screens) is controlled from RetroPie's splash screens script.
Will this work on a windows 10 build of attractmode?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 11:13:03 AM »
Will this work on a windows 10 build of attractmode?

No, the functions and scripts they are talking about are features of RetroPie which runs on Linux.

You can look at this thread http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1893.msg13126#msg13126 for ideas on how to accomplish something similar in Windows.