Author Topic: Turning down brightness in Attractmode possible?  (Read 2654 times)

Escape-to-88

• View Profile
Turning down brightness in Attractmode possible?
« on: May 24, 2018, 09:17:57 AM »
Hi all

Is it possible to turn the brightness down of the Attractmode front-end itself? I'm not talking about MAME where it can be controlled with silders. I wondered if there was any option/config edit I could do that turned everything down a few notches for the preview snaps/mp4s aren't as bright across the board - without me having to turn each .png/mp4 down individually! Thanks

qqplayer

• View Profile
Re: Turning down brightness in Attractmode possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 12:08:03 PM »
Hi all

Is it possible to turn the brightness down of the Attractmode front-end itself? I'm not talking about MAME where it can be controlled with silders. I wondered if there was any option/config edit I could do that turned everything down a few notches for the preview snaps/mp4s aren't as bright across the board - without me having to turn each .png/mp4 down individually! Thanks

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-dim-or-increase-the-brightness-of-laptop-or-notebook-lcd-screen/

Not tested but , you can set for exampel F1 to increase brighness  and F2 to decrease, then, set:

Controls - Custom 1 - F1
Controls - Custom 2  - F2

Code: [Select]
function on_signal( sig )
{
switch ( sig )
{
case "up":
                   fe.signal( "custom1" );
return true;

case "down":
fe.signal( "custom2" );
return true;

}

return false;
}

fe.add_signal_handler(this, "on_signal");
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:11:14 PM by qqplayer »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:20:33 PM »
Another method would be to create a plugin that has an image 1px black png stretched 100% height and width, and set opacity according to user config variable.

Is there a reason you want this?

Escape-to-88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »
Thanks all, er, the explanation is quite long winded...basically I'm trying to get the .MP4 video previews brightness down without batch converting them. Is there any way to do this easily?

Thanks

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »
Thanks all, er, the explanation is quite long winded...basically I'm trying to get the .MP4 video previews brightness down without batch converting them. Is there any way to do this easily?

Thanks

You can apply "alpha=x" to your videos in the layout.nut you're using. "alpha=x" will define how transparent or opaque the video will be. "x" is the value that you can adjust from 1-255 (255 being fully opaque). As long as your videos don't have an image behind them or that area of the image is black this setting will cause a dimming effect.

Here's example section of a layout.nut that is defining a video to play
//Surface
local surface = fe.add_surface( 640, 480 );
local snap = surface.add_artwork("snap", 0, 0, 640, 480);
snap.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation;
snap.preserve_aspect_ratio = false;

Here's the same sample code with the "alpha=x" setting to dim the video
//Surface
local surface = fe.add_surface( 640, 480 );
local snap = surface.add_artwork("snap", 0, 0, 640, 480);