Author Topic: Game Station Theme v2.6.3 (Support 4:3 & Wide Screen now)  (Read 105048 times)

recordguy42

• View Profile
Re: Game Station Theme v2.6.3 (Support 4:3 & Wide Screen now)
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2017, 09:18:50 PM »
Excellent! Thanks :)

yonitron

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2017, 04:51:01 AM »
Game Station supported for 4:3 & Wide Screen now. Please download correct layout theme. It supports multi emulator purpose.

I would like to say thank you first to AM development team, liquid8d, version, omegaman, xbs, Bgoulette. They help me a lot for the new layout.

Preview Here: https://youtu.be/d8VyyXFjrpA

Change Log in new version:

1. Add layout mode option (default is simple)
Simple mode - for new user, display wheel logo and single back group color only, but color can be customized in option   
Expert mode - for advanced user, system, logo, wheel logo and back group color (each catalog each color) setup by layout.nut file manually

2. Add game list display option (listbox only, listbox + spin, spin only) (default is listbox + spin)
If you are using old machine, recommend using listbox only

3.Display logo by (wheel only, wheel + system, system only) (default is system only) 

4. Add CRT effect option for video screen (default is No)

5. Add Preserve aspect ratio of Flyer option (default is No)

6. Display spin by (snap,wheel) (default is snap)

7. Add animation effect

8. Add scrolling effect for display title   ->  It is not support this moment until liquid8d update a new scrolling module.

9. Layout improvement

Current download version  v2.6.3

Hello

Excellent layout, the only thing I miss is that in some place I put that emulator we have selected in large .... can it be put somehow?

a greeting

DMK

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2017, 11:07:04 PM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I notice that there is an issue with the volume of the Video Snaps.  Once I exit a Mame game and return back to AttractMode, it does not detect the volume I have set, and instead it plays at 100%.  If I then switch to view another game in AttractMode then the volume immediately settles back to the defined value.  Has anyone else seen this happen?  This only happens with the Game Station HD theme and not the other Game Station theme.
I am running this on a Mac with SDLMame.

DMK

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »
So, this looks like a bug that is fixed in 2.2.1 - "* Fix audio volume changing for layout sounds after running emulator"

Asterra

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2017, 10:07:49 PM »
I haven't investigated how to tweak .nut files for what I'm after, but this is just a little change so I reckon the answer is quick and painless for whoever knows.  What I'm wondering is what would need to be changed in order to cause the five video snaps on the right to be screenshots only.  The poor laptop I'm intending to use this on is just not up to the task of streaming six videos over USB2.0.

Thanks.

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2017, 10:37:49 PM »
Hello Asterra,

the simplest way would be to point the "snaps" folder of the emulator(s) in question to a screenshot collection instead of (also) a video collection.

If that's not suitable for you, insert this line after line 141 in the layout.nut, right after "conveyor.transition_ms = 50;":

Code: [Select]
conveyor.video_flags=Vid.ImagesOnly;
In case you also want the big snap to be a screenshot, insert this after line 67, right after "snap.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;":

snap.video_flags=Vid.ImagesOnly;

Asterra

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2017, 01:17:20 AM »
conveyor.video_flags=Vid.ImagesOnly;
Thanks.  Bizarrely, even though everything I can find suggests that this should in fact do the trick, it's not.  Odd.

Might be preferable just to have the text-based scroll list up all the time anyway (or maybe screenshots with the name in text superimposed over it?), since really it's the moment when that list scrolls off to the right that things chug hard, and it seems like the pause that occurs with each game change is also caused by the appearance of the list.

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2017, 08:17:59 AM »
Thanks.  Bizarrely, even though everything I can find suggests that this should in fact do the trick, it's not.  Odd.

Do you still see the videos after inserting the line or no images at all? I did some testing and found out that you need screenshot files for the still pictures, i.e. AM does not generate stills from the videos itself. If you only have video files and disable them, you'll only see black spaces. To switch between videos and stills, you'll need both paths for snaps in your emulators cfg file, like in my mame.cfg:

artwork    snap            $HOME/mame/snap;$HOME/mame/videosnaps

Might be preferable just to have the text-based scroll list up all the time anyway

I don't like the text list at all and have disabled it so that the videos/snaps are visible the whole time.  8)

Asterra

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2017, 01:38:44 PM »
Do you still see the videos after inserting the line or no images at all?
A fair question.  I should have been more specific.  The videos still play, as though I hadn't inserted the line at all.  Here's the relevant segment of the script:
conveyor.transition_ms = 50;
conveyor.video_flags = Vid.ImagesOnly;
try { conveyor.transition_ms = my_config["transition_ms"].tointeger(); } catch ( e ) { }

I don't like the text list at all and have disabled it so that the videos/snaps are visible the whole time.  8)
I'm pretty new to this so it hadn't occurred to me that this might be a built-in option.  I'll check it out, thanks.  (And after having done so, almost all of  the menu chug went away.)

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2017, 03:12:26 PM »
The videos still play, as though I hadn't inserted the line at all.  Here's the relevant segment of the script:

Strange, it works for me with the respective line at the same position in the code. I even copied your code to be 100% sure.

Which operating system do you use and which version of AM and this theme?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:14:27 PM by Favdeacon »

Asterra

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
Which operating system do you use and which version of AM and this theme?
2.2.1 and 2.6.3 respectively.  Eh, this is hardly the only thing that has confounded me but ultimately provided a sort of workaround.  I can't get AttractMode to recognize filters unless I specifically define them under the "global filter", so I don't know what the purpose of the followup filters might be.  Doesn't matter since ultimately I got a solution.  And in the case of this theme, well, disabling the text list (or the other way around) just about kills the menu chug, even with videos playing.  That could change if I ever get higher quality videos, but then I guess I could stick with the text list only.  (Need to do something about the font so I can see the full names, though.)

One thing I haven't sorted out is why AttractMode's rom sorter generates a text file with two parts: The Mame games with their correct titles (about 90% of the list), plus a further 10% that are duplicate entries but lacking title information.  In AttractMode, this results in a list that shows titles A-to-Z, followed by another list showing rom names instead of titles.  I suppose the "solution" here would be to manually delete the title-less entries AttractMode generates, but I consider this symptomatic of an overall flakiness in the app that I guess I'll always be working around.

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2017, 11:49:20 PM »
If you want to look a little further into the problem with Vid.ImagesOnly – I would, because unsolved problems give me an itching  ??? – you could post your attract.cfg and your emulator's config (e.g. emulators/mame.cfg) here. I forgot to mention that in my last post, but it was late here in Europe and I was tired. :)

Your other two problems with filters and sorting roms would be better placed in separate threads in the General subforum, as they don't seem to be a matter of the Game Station Theme.

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »
I get this error when launching my attract mode, when I change the game it does not appear the classification, can someone help solve this problem?

http://imgur.com/a/u6G96

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2017, 03:12:15 AM »
I get this error when launching my attract mode, when I change the game it does not appear the classification, can someone help solve this problem?

Change the filename in line 183 of the layout nut from "unknown.png" to "images/unknown.png".

A little word of advice: Please copy & paste the error message next time instead of linking to an image that potential helpers have to go to.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:16:24 AM by Favdeacon »

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2017, 07:01:22 AM »
Hello Bro!

Even after changing the path still facing the same problem, I send the error below and the images.

Initializing display: 'Mame'
 - Loaded master romlist 'Mame' in 461 ms (2973 entries kept, 0 discarded)
 - Constructed 2 filters in 0 ms (5946 comparisons)
Failed to load image "E:\Arcade\System\layouts/Game Station HD/unknown.png". Reason: Unable to open file
Error opening input file: E:\Arcade\System\layouts/Game Station HD/unknown.png
ERROR loading video: E:\Arcade\System\layouts/Game Station HD/unknown.png

line 183:
// Genre_image
 local genre_image = fe.add_image("images/unknown.png", flx*0.715, fly* 0.817, flw*0.085, flh*0.13 );

Even after modifying I receive the same error does not appear the images

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:13:27 AM by arthurvalenca »