Author Topic: Advice for a theme with some peculiar features  (Read 2596 times)

O.T.T.

• View Profile
Advice for a theme with some peculiar features
« on: June 08, 2020, 03:16:28 AM »
Hello everyone!

I hope this is the right section to ask, I'm not sure since I'm a newbie who just registered: if I'm wrong, please move this post where it should be.

Now my question...I'm looking for a theme for a peculiar arcade cabinet project and it must sports the following features:

1) allows screen rotation "on the fly" through hotkey (this shouldn't be a problem since the feature is embedded in AM, I believe)

2) adapts the content (artwork, animations, background, etc.) according to the screen orientation (landscape or portrait) which must be recognized automatically (alternatively, it could be triggered in association with the relative rotation/orientation hotkey, since it will produce the same result)

3) allows resizing of the theme area (both visual and "active" area) into a user-defined "window" (not an OS window, just a square area): in other words, the user should be able to set a working area for the theme like dimensions X,Y in pixels and position X,Y (if it can't be done or is too difficult to implement, can be replaced by self-centering - taking into account the physical size of the display, i.e. 1920x1080 pixels)

4) the "window" referred to in 3) should be activated "on the fly" through hotkey, so that the theme switch immediately to the new working area without quitting AM or messing with menus

5) it should be possible to set (and save) multiple "window" settings profiles, each of which can be assigned to a different hotkey

I don't know if there is already a theme that allows all this, rather I suspect that points 4) and 5) have not been implemented up to now in any existing theme.
My hope is that someone can direct me to a theme that is close to what I'm looking for and then MAYBE I could ask the author if he's willing to add the aforementioned features that are not present. I could do the same with a new-in-development theme, if there is any at the moment.

6) should work on UHD display

Please give me your opinions/advice!

Many thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 05:14:30 AM by O.T.T. »

O.T.T.

• View Profile
Re: Advice for a theme with some peculiar features
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 05:09:08 AM »
Why?

What do you mean by "Why?"...?

I simply asked for a theme that has, or is close to have, the features I need for my project.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for a theme with some peculiar features
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 05:43:23 AM »
Why?

What do you mean by "Why?"...?

I simply asked for a theme that has, or is close to have, the features I need for my project.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/why?s=t

It would take minutes then modify any layout as you requested. The real question is why would you need such an odd request. Without justification, why would anyone take the time to do such a thing?