Author Topic: LAVA v1.0 Official Release.  (Read 33149 times)

asahendrix

• View Profile
Ahh excellent attention to detail! Thank you for the updates!

Update 5:
-I added the extra lava lamp options (orange, blue) in the code - the mp4 files are in this thread, just add them to the layout folder.
-I also added a small vertical wheel - I plan on adding yet another one as well that has the list further to the right.
-I changed the color of the clock to match the little VCR symbol to the left of the clock. I also omitted "Time:". Feel free to change this back, it's all under R E L O J (CLOCK). I might try to add a "Clock Color" option at some point.

I like to give the user as many options as possible without it being overbearing.

Thank you guys for all the great work! :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:55:44 AM by asahendrix »

takoni

• View Profile
With all the updates this theme is really cool , much better every time.... thanks

Yaron2019

Update 5:
-I added the extra lava lamp options (orange, blue) in the code - the mp4 files are in this thread, just add them to the layout folder.
-I also added a small vertical wheel - I plan on adding yet another one as well that has the list further to the right.
-I changed the color of the clock to match the little VCR symbol to the left of the clock. I also omitted "Time:". Feel free to change this back, it's all under R E L O J (CLOCK). I might try to add a "Clock Color" option at some point.

I like to give the user as many options as possible without it being overbearing.

Good updates.
Do we still need the code of these sections?: 'LOGOS EMULATOR', 'ESTRELLA - AÑADE ICONO DE JUEGO YA EN FAVORITOS', ' Game name text'?

I want to stabilize the code and put us all on the same page.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 05:28:44 AM by Yaron2019 »

asahendrix

• View Profile

Update 5:

Good updates.
Do we still need the code of these sections?: 'LOGOS EMULATOR', 'ESTRELLA - AÑADE ICONO DE JUEGO YA EN FAVORITOS', ' Game name text'?

I want to stabilize the code and put us all on the same page.

That's a good question and probably one that Takoni could answer with more clarity. Personally, I think we could probably do without all of that or maybe make some of it an option like the 'LOGOS EMULATOR'.

Also, I wanted to clarify on the update I posted; I changed additional code under the clock:

"hora= format("%02d", now.hour+2 );"
to
"hora= format("%02d", now.hour );"

removing the "+2" at the end because it made my clock 2 hours faster. If someone's clock is 2 hours slow than the time zone in raspi-config has mostly likely not been configured. If the clock is 2 hours slow, then Tokyo would be the time zone to select in raspi-config. That, or I'm missing something that I'm not seeing haha I doubled check on my Pi to make sure my time zone was accurate.  :)

takoni

• View Profile
asahendrix, its very nice to see your updates... thanks

Yaron2019

Update #6

I merged all our updates. You can download the full lava theme from here:
(SEE UPDATE #7 BELOW)

Here are 2 options for the favorites marker and system logo. The first one is as intended, the second one is much cleaner in my opinion but you will have to add clean system logos - like the one I added for this system. Each type of wheel has it's own add-favorite-star code at the end of it's own section and can have a star on both sides of the game logo - just add or move remarks in the code.

The code for the system logo was altered to use the display-name magic token ([DisplayName]) and not the emulator-name magic token ([Emulator]) because it is easy for the user to change the display-name on the fly without adding and removing the emulator itself from AM. It is user-friendly this way.

I also added the option to display/hide the current game info at the bottom - with or without a semi transparent black frame, with or without random text colors. You can find the code at the end of the script under "// Game Info" section.

Made a small fix for the width of the background shade of the small wheel so it looks better.

From now on, let's use this version only so we do not lose each other's work.

Cheers,
Y
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:33:48 AM by Yaron2019 »

Yaron2019

I'm sorry... I am coding too fast for you to comment    :P

Update #7

- Background music section rewritten to play random tracks with no limit on the number of files or names in the music folder. You can now add any number of mp3 files with whatever file names.
- System logo and list size can be shown either on the bottom together with the game info or on the right side of the TV box
- Number of entries in the List wheel is now decided by the user
- All fonts changed to "Sebastian" - looks good IMO
- Everything can be turned on/off

Download lava v0.7: (SEE UPDATE #8 BELOW)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:34:11 AM by Yaron2019 »

Yaron2019

Update #8

- Removed the option for changing the number of entries in the list wheel - it misaligned the favorite-stars
- New, less intrusive and cleaner wheel background image
- Various small visual tweaks
- Bumped to version 0.8

I am happy with the status of this version and will not be releasing additional ones unless I find bugs or have a new great idea to add.

It was fun!  8)

Download full lava version 0.8 here:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2950.msg21141#msg21141

Screenshot of current state:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 04:55:18 AM by Yaron2019 »

asahendrix

• View Profile
Update #8

- Removed the option for changing the number of entries in the list wheel - it misaligned the favorite-stars
- New, less intrusive and cleaner wheel background image
- Various small visual tweaks
- Bumped to version 0.8

I am happy with the status of this version and will not be releasing additional ones unless I find bugs or have a new great idea to add.

It was fun!  8)

Download full lava version 0.8 here:
https://mega.nz/#!cJVXWI5a!bVYlh_1-5UHtmX5WunaTGZ4m4EdZ2oFFBz8inYkuOQE

For good order, if you don't have them already, you can download the random wheel sounds from here and place them at your main Attract folder in a folder named 'sounds':
https://mega.nz/#!gJs0nQ7a!q4nYNGwxIa8Mo1mPJJ5t9HGJF58vkNe13rlNoNfl708

Screenshot of current state:

Wow - thank you so much for all of the great work!! I didn’t even think to put the system logo on the TV but it looks really good there! I have a big test in a few days that I’m cramming for - after I’ll be able to really sink my teeth back into this again :) also, the music code is really impressive!! Thank you again!!!

Yaron2019

Wow - thank you so much for all of the great work!! I didn’t even think to put the system logo on the TV but it looks really good there! I have a big test in a few days that I’m cramming for - after I’ll be able to really sink my teeth back into this again :) also, the music code is really impressive!! Thank you again!!!

Yeah, the music code is pretty neat IMO as well. Anyway, you're welcome.

If you already downloaded v0.8 please download it again - I found a small bug and fixed it.

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:47:10 AM by Yaron2019 »

takoni

• View Profile
I hvae download the last version... the only thing i can say is THANKSSSSSSS

asahendrix

• View Profile

Yeah, the music code is pretty neat IMO as well. Anyway, you're welcome.

If you already downloaded v0.8 please download it again - I found a small bug and fixed it.

Cheers

I'm gonna try and dig into this tonight if my kids let me lol I think what I'll try to do to optimize it is to make as much optional as I can without it being overwhelming to the user. The idea is to give the user control.

On a separate note, I'm going to keep working on using the music code as a baseline to implement a video code that plays a random news video of that era (80s, 90s, 00s) when there is no snap (instead of the static video). The problem I'm currently running into is that even when I switch to a game that has a snap, the news video will still play. The game snap is placed over the news video, but the news video audio continues to play. I'm thinking I need an additional 'if' statement that mutes the news video audio when a game snap is present. I'm not a natural coder, so it'll take some playing around. Some people might not even care about this feature, but I'm all for nostalgia and bringing the layout to life as much as possible.

I'll use the latest update as a baseline!

I remember running into a few issues with the code; my art is in a folder called "flyer" not "boxart'. Also, the clock is 2 hours fast for me. If no one else has these issues, then I will just leave them alone.

asahendrix

• View Profile
Okay, I'm finally digging in and wow... Just wow. This is amazing, Yaron! Those 'options' I was going to add, you already added and did it wonderfully!

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure about displaying the game info and game count - but I actually really like it! And even if I didn't, you made it an option to not show it!

There really isn't much left to do. I'll probably try and add code for those that have their art in a "flyers" folder rather than a "boxart" folder. I'll still tinker with that old news videos idea, but that's not crucial really.

Thank you again for EVERYTHING!!!

Yaron2019

Re: My WIP of MGalaxy frontends for Raspberry Pi Retropie under Attract Mode
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2019, 01:09:25 AM »
Okay, I'm finally digging in and wow... Just wow. This is amazing, Yaron! Those 'options' I was going to add, you already added and did it wonderfully!

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure about displaying the game info and game count - but I actually really like it! And even if I didn't, you made it an option to not show it!

There really isn't much left to do. I'll probably try and add code for those that have their art in a "flyers" folder rather than a "boxart" folder. I'll still tinker with that old news videos idea, but that's not crucial really.

Thank you again for EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks asahendrix and Takoni, I appreciate your compliments and work.

Attached is a small update (v0.8.1) that includes stability fixes and a new Nintendo font.
- Added a check to insure theme doesn't stop working if music folder is empty or if it doesn't exist at all
- Added a check to limit the number of wheel entries shown between 2 (min) and 100 (max) so AM doesn't crash (trying to show a huge amount of wheel entries, or more wheel entries than there are games on the list can crash AM)
- Added the real Nintendo NES font as default (line 32 in the script) - you can change it to whatever you like of course

SEE UPDATE v0.9 BELOW
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:41:49 PM by Yaron2019 »

Yaron2019

Re: My WIP of MGalaxy frontends for Raspberry Pi Retropie under Attract Mode
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2019, 04:37:37 AM »
Update v0.9:

So I looked into your idea of playing ads when snap videos are not available. It's a little tricky because of the way squirrel scripts work, so I decided to give it a go myself. I hope you don't mind!

Check out the code in the static video section and at the end of the snap video section especially - squirrel plays the videos only AFTER it finished loading the script, so we need a function that works with transitions in real-time.

If Lava doesn't find any ads to play, it will default to the "static.mp4" video.

This release also includes the bug fixes from v0.8.1

Download the full Lava v0.9 theme from here:
SEE OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.0 BELOW!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 04:47:36 AM by Yaron2019 »