Author Topic: No matter what artwork wont download  (Read 4955 times)

radioboy86

• View Profile
No matter what artwork wont download
« on: April 30, 2015, 12:52:31 AM »
I have followed all instructions and the games load correct with emulator... BUT I cannot get the scraper to grab the artwork no matter what I go in the settings... what needs to be done to pull artwork from the gamesdb.net?

I have tried v1.4 and the lastest 1.5

I dont understand why i cannot get screenshots/box art and media artwork to download and show up in the rom list? i have tried multiple systems and emulators too. I had the same issue on rom collection browser on both Kodi and XBMC Gotham. Seems like scrapping is NOT ideal for gathering metadata? any help would be awesome guys. im wasting alot of time trying to do this when Game Ex can create videos and or artwork for roms.

I really like Attract mode and the simple easy to ADD Programs/roms configuration. Hyperspin just cant beat this is eas of use. I have to figure out this metadata and artwork problem! Attract mode is by far the best FE I have found!

Strange... I See it adding the rom collection very slowly like its finding the boxart/etc... BUT it only gives me the game info and year metadata?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:20:30 AM by radioboy86 »

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No matter what artwork wont download
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 10:05:57 AM »
hey there, you're just a bit ahead of Attract-Mode development on this one... 1.5.1 and earlier don't have an artwork scraper, there is only a fairly rough feature for grabing some game info from thegamesdb.net.

This is fixed in the next version though, which will have a (hopefully) decent artwork scraper.  I am just in the process of some final testing and polishing things off for a new release, which should be ready very soon.

radioboy86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 10:16:42 AM »
thanks for the heads up! i love the FE keep it up man! I really hope you can code it all in with ease! very nice FE! will wait for next version! any ideas on an eta?

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:43:12 PM »
Well so much for my "nescatver.ini" I would rather it sort it for me anyway :P
People want life easy..then complain about it

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 11:06:02 PM »
thanks for the heads up! i love the FE keep it up man! I really hope you can code it all in with ease! very nice FE! will wait for next version! any ideas on an eta?
Thanks!  The new version just got posted now.