Author Topic: AMGPS (Attract Mode Grid Pro System) v1.13  (Read 62171 times)

sportman

• View Profile
Re: AMGPS (Attract Mode Grid Pro System) v1.11
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2017, 11:07:56 AM »
Awesome work on this theme, i'm trying to get it configured on my 240p retrotink hooked up via component to a 27inch toshiba crt with component in... I struggle to get things to look right though, maybe its just bad artwork but do you have any guide specifically for optimizing for crts in 240p?

happy to help test future releases on 4:3 crt

mickael28

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2017, 05:30:21 AM »
Hey, would it be possible to choose a different grid with flyers+videos, eg, 4x5 or 4x4? or if not, could you please see if this can be incorporated in a future release? It'd be pretty useful if we can configure that part...

Really good layout though!

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2017, 03:35:46 PM »
Hey, would it be possible to choose a different grid with flyers+videos, eg, 4x5 or 4x4? or if not, could you please see if this can be incorporated in a future release? It'd be pretty useful if we can configure that part...

Really good layout though!

Thank you. Actually, you may change these settings in option.  :)

mickael28

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2017, 04:13:21 AM »
Thank you. Actually, you may change these settings in option.  :)

I don't seem to have that option...

If I go to the layouts, I can choose 2 options, AMGPS or AMGPS_Menu.

The possibility to change the grid rows and columns appears in the AMGPS_Menu layout, but if I do that... the layout will just display the wheel images when I exit, ie, no videos and not flyers, just the titles of the games.

If I choose AMGPS layout, then I can see videos and flyers, but in that case, the options for the AMGPS layout do not have the entries for row and columns.

Attaching the options I can see below. Is there a way to choose grid columns and rows for the AMGPS layout (not for the AMGPS_Menu layout)? or am I doing something wrong so that the AMGPS layout can read the settings we choose in AMGPS_Menu layout, if that's possible?

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2017, 04:58:06 PM »
I have thought your idea as before. But finally I decided not to add it. The reason is "Enough". Hope you can understand it.

Actually, you can change the nut file by you needs. Hope you can enjoy the theme  :) 

mickael28

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2017, 08:00:25 PM »
I have thought your idea as before. But finally I decided not to add it. The reason is "Enough". Hope you can understand it.

Actually, you can change the nut file by you needs. Hope you can enjoy the theme  :)

Quick question, in that nut file. Could you please let me know what is the variable (or the section) that controls the height of the video?

If I put 4x4, flyers appear fine, but videos are appearing twice as big and they go off the screen...

Many thanks!

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2017, 10:55:42 PM »

Quick question, in that nut file. Could you please let me know what is the variable (or the section) that controls the height of the video?

If I put 4x4, flyers appear fine, but videos are appearing twice as big and they go off the screen...

Many thanks!

You can change this line

snap_t = fe.add_artwork("snap", 700, 55, 300, 300);

mickael28

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2017, 03:19:53 PM »
It seems that was the option that was there by default:

Code: [Select]
//Setup Art
snap_t.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation;

Which is the one displaying the videos quite large...

There's a new layout, http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=4c828i07srbmpo8j7q54r3be75&topic=1964.0, which allows us to do what we want (choose number of rows and columns per video) and the design is really good, but... moving between games is not smooth at present, hence that it's a compromise

I am trying to see if I can use that design, with the way you move between frames, as that would be ideal.

I'll let you guys know if I manage it...

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »
It seems that was the option that was there by default:

Code: [Select]
//Setup Art
snap_t.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation;

Which is the one displaying the videos quite large...

There's a new layout, http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=4c828i07srbmpo8j7q54r3be75&topic=1964.0, which allows us to do what we want (choose number of rows and columns per video) and the design is really good, but... moving between games is not smooth at present, hence that it's a compromise

I am trying to see if I can use that design, with the way you move between frames, as that would be ideal.

I'll let you guys know if I manage it...

4x4 , 5x5 setting option is easy to make in coding. But the performance is unacceptable if grid artwork is snap videos. So, Why I said "enough" as before time. 2*4 is a optimize point. Anyway, welcome to change theme script by your own needs.  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:00:00 PM by kent79 »

mickael28

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »
I see what you mean. I put 4x4 and the performance was good (in screens with 100 games or so), I've not tried larger..., the video was changing really smooth between the frames. But as I am messing around, and I don't have a clue :), I cannot get what I have in mind working...

Both themes are good though, so I'm just having a look every few days to see if I manage to configure it how I want to (out of luck more than anything else :P)

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2017, 08:04:21 PM »
New version AMGPS may be released soon. Search function will be added. Below is the new screenshot.  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:16:51 PM by kent79 »

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 10:33:58 PM »
New version AMGPS may be released soon. Search function will be added. Below is the new screenshot.  :)

The updated version looks (and sounds) great!

kent79

• View Profile
Re: AMGPS (Attract Mode Grid Pro System) v1.12
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2017, 03:44:57 AM »
Version updated to v1.12

I know the theme is not easy to navigate on large volume games. So, I would like to add search function in begining. But it faces issue to do that.

Now I give up search function. Page jumps was added finally. Page Up / Page Down may be better than search. You may change value of page size in options. (Default is 50)  :)

- add page jump function
- change game name to Italic font
- optimize coding (Find out some stupid mistake on previous version, performance may be little improvement) 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:53:28 AM by kent79 »

Neosys

• View Profile
Re: AMGPS (Attract Mode Grid Pro System) v1.12 -- add Page Jumps function
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2017, 09:41:31 AM »
Hi kent79!

Is it possible that I select a system in the place in the grid menu, after ending also again come out at this point? until now, no matter what position I always come out in the middle.

I hope you know what I mean.

Thank you very much.

kent79

• View Profile
Re: AMGPS (Attract Mode Grid Pro System) v1.12 -- add Page Jumps function
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 06:28:28 PM »
Hi kent79!

Is it possible that I select a system in the place in the grid menu, after ending also again come out at this point? until now, no matter what position I always come out in the middle.

I hope you know what I mean.

Thank you very much.

I know what are you talking about. But sorry, I don't how to do it. Hope someone can teach me.  :P